AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Dallas - Summer 2016
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:23 pm 

our friends at king marco's ranch are inviting us back this year. Nowell has reached out and we have discussed dates. i will list the available dates here and we can vote/comment to see what is best.

a few notes:

- 2 teams is fine. A and B team preferred versus equals.

- no texts please. all business on this website

- we need commitments once we get a date - then we can conduct a vote to align the A and B teams.

- lets try to go early (July/early August) so that maybe we can sneak another trip up in early Sept - like Labor day. Holidays are terrible at riata. something to consider.

dates that are not good

- July 16th, Jul 30th, and August 6th.

- We can do July 23rd - seems like a good date 3+ weeks out

- We can do August 13th, 20th or 27th

I vote July 23rd.

Lets iron out this week and come back to Nowell.

Focusness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:35 pm 

I vote for 23rd. An A & B team is gonna cause issues. One because I was on winning teams in Dallas, and gave up my spot unselfishly that Sunday; and I am on teams that win more than I lose every session here, but will be voted to B team on not a hitter basis and popularity. I for one will not make trip to get ass kicked on a B team, esp if some of the A teamers don't have a good 1st touch in back row, do 2 hand lifts regularly such are illegal in Dallas, and/or sucked last year in Dallas. Other than all that I eagerly look fwd to the road trip sequel.::

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:52 pm 

Let's do it!!

I'll go on any of those dates.

I like that we've gotten used to the no net rule. I'm glad we implemented it in Austin.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:52 pm 

Any weekend but Aug 6 looks good to me.

Navy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:07 am 

The Lip wrote:
I vote for 23rd. An A & B team is gonna cause issues. :

what is your proposed solution?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:08 am 

and for the record i am game for whatever. just listed their wishes in my original post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:47 am 

LJ, we'll take two A teams.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:54 am 

I like what Dan just said...lol...

I dont really have a solution...Feelings get hurt in whatever format chosen for a few of us no matter what...Selfishly, hell yeah, I want to be on the A team as I feel I am an all around player that understands the game, was on several winning teams in Dallas, def one of better back row players, good defender, am really good on broken plays, and wins way more than loses overall...

That being said, someone like Creepy is a better blocker & hitter, Scotty way bigger hitter, great defender/blocker, but both kind of had issues last year in Dallas getting used to net rules...Taz way better overall, and def should be on A team (but has to get rid of underhand saves & passes for that wknd as Dallas views those as illegal)...

I think we can all agree size matters in this case...The A team to me is Edub, Javi, Ford (less dinking in Dallas shorter length pool), Mikey (has to pass more), Taz (no underhanding), and then it comes down to, do you want more size w/ Creepy or Scotty;or glue players like Navy or me as better 1st touch passers and good overall smart players...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:04 pm 

have to remember their pool also plays more to certain players strengths. edub and javi hit better (relatively to other hitters) there as players like me, dan, taz and ford struggled. but sunday ford and i both showed pretty good improvement but someone like taz who is one of our top back row hitters can't shine in that shorter pool.

but anyway. we could draft two teams too? that way each team has theoretically 3 A players?

could look something like

edub, taz, ford, lj, chief, dan

me, javi, navy, scotty, jared, sander

just an example. could be a draft - like dub and javi draft or something

can we get any sanders to go? if no we may not even have two teams worth of people. who is in?

yes, not easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:50 pm 

Not a sander but I can go any weekend. Brother's place is ten minutes from the venue so it's pretty convenient.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:56 am 

My vote is for the 23rd but any weekend except the 6th works for me. We should discuss this weekend at the pool when we can all talk and get a game plan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:25 am 

lets do july 23rd then? lj what of dub and javi then?

ford? jess?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:41 pm 

<object width="1152" height="650"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/kVgF5wIL-4g?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/kVgF5wIL-4g?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1152" height="650" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

My name's Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:04 pm 

<object width="1152" height="650"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/oOu0bLA2kkk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/oOu0bLA2kkk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1152" height="650" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

My name's Dan