Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Any AARs from the wknd?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:58 pm 

late season slackers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:47 pm 

There were actually 5 days of ball at the Obstacle this past week, which is about 3 days too many for the "lo pro" strategy to work. Apparently, pandas have opted instead for a late season "surge" approach. I chose not to play Thursday.

Fraterday. I decided it would be a good idea to get some sleep, a notion that Deto Back scoffed at. When I woke up there was a football game on, in which some things happened that I can't remember, and behold, there was Jesus. So, in broad daylight and with management monkeys present, we threw caution to the wind and commenced with secret 2s.

A classic matchup indeed. Jesus & Mr. Tasty against the first team to ever defeat them. I believe we lost the first game as it always takes the savior a bit of time to summon the power and the glory of whoopass, but the next two games produced triumph and redemption. We're not at anything near championship form, but were good enough to beat DB.

Mikey Bunny played some very competitive ball, but not good enough to overcome Chief Pants. By the time other pandas caught wind that there was game on I had basically folded my tent, so I don't have much to add in terms of AAR for games later on in the day. I do recall there were some pretty darn good 2s games though, involving Nebraska vs WesScott. Nice passing. There was also illegal night game run by Spoons, for which I have not been scolded for... yet.

Wescott managed to lower the net and possibly increase net play a bit. There was much rejoicing.

Another result of Fraterday--every time Jim Back successfully hits from the 4, he gets a smiley face. So far he's gotten 4 over two days of ball.

We also got some post football ball in on Sunday. Deto did not participate--he had curled up in front of the TV for his bedtime story about the Patriots, and managed to sleep through most of the game and subsequent activities.

The brave souls who faced the twin perils of fading light and chilly water included Ford Will, JB, Jess, Attorney Scott, Spoons, and yours truly. These may have been the last games of the season.

Will was a blocking force on the net, Ford has been busy rediscovering his hitting capabilities this week, Spoons improves with each game he plays, Jess uncorked the power of the moonball, and I proved I still have some wheels and some serves left.

Player of the day, however, goes to Attorney Scott. He put in some powerful slams, but, most amazingly, he showed hustle all the way through the evening. A couple of times in 3s he was able to cross the court behind Jim Back to field the incoming mail while the usually speedy JB was still computing correct postage.

Good job to everyone. I had great luck winning game 1 all night, but never managed to take a single series. Story of my life this season.

Well, this could well be one of the last AARs of the year. Hope you enjoyed it. And thanks for playing in 2007, or Season 15 in Chief years.

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:01 am 

i think you forgot about the newest most exicting water panties in the league. i do have to admit sunday night's ball reminded me of why i like to play ball, competitve, fast pace, and amtuers.... attoney sscott may be the best player ever........ he was fucking amazing! :finga:

where is walter?