AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Last AAR 2005
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:56 pm 

Well, bitches, another fine season is at an end, and final ballgames are a dish that is best served cold...

Due to the miracle of global warming, we were able to Get R Done one last time on Sunday, making this the lastest we've ever played.

A few hardy souls showed up for the Gala event--Navy, Markides, Chief, Creepy, and Matt, with some partial participation by Dito, who was too slow to escape on his taco run before game started this time.

Not as cold as one would've thought. We sensibly started some time around 2 and managed to get in about 3 hours of game. Any longer and we would have felt like we were playing a game of Tom Clinchy's Sphincter Chill 5.

2's teams proved tough to beat, even when they were opposed by 3 people, with an early revelation by Jesus & Mr. Tasty, followed by the tall antics of Creepy Jesus, with Jesus Navy closing things out.

Some notable highlights on the day:

Being unable or unwilling to move due to cold
Navy's greetings to Mr. Tasty from planet Fuck You when we faced each other on the net.
Mikey hitting everything--sometimes in bounds, sometimes not.
Creepy discovering what his special purpose is for with some great kills and blocks.
Matt, even without his bat cuzy, actually serving over and in bounds at the same time!

I think my chumper to chumpee ratio was right around 50-50, so I don't have much to brag about, other than it didn't take long to remember how to serve.

Gladiators, I salute you!

Now it's time to start thinking about when to schedule the Award's Ceremony, and what you want awards to be.

Death from above! Fire down below!