AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:35 pm 
Site Admin

Sunday funday AAR. This weekend was formerly known as double Chief Carina birthday. When Tbone moved away we lost a legend of the game. So a moment of silence for thoughts of absent friends.

But the show must go on. Because rule #1 is still in effect. To those of you who were at the obstacle today, choosing instead to watch the cowboys lose, you lost twice.

Because while it was a slow starter, ‘‘twas a fun day. The theme: ladies day. Second time in a row I’m going with that.

Newsflash already revealed with the photo but the biggest headline today is Kallie dynasty! Her second one!

Sports trivia questions: who was the player on both Kallie dynasty teams besides Kallie?

On the day Kallie got her first ever dynasty, who was the bad man that put an end to her run for a second dynasty?

I digress. There was great joy today. Kallie, congrats. I believe in spicy fairies, I do, I do!

Speaking of spicy… Erin can add sponsored by Jameson to her signature on this messenger thread. I will add a you tube later based on her account of how she played today, and those who were there can evaluate the veracity.

Three new lady ballers also joined us today. I believe one of them(Donna) is a resident. Here’s a basic hint: if people show up at the Obstacle with a ball of their own(something I tend to notice, even before I got my bionic eye), that might mean they have a general familiarity with round inflatable things. You never know, unless you ask. So you should ask, especially on days where you are short players.

The ask was made, play they did. And learned water ball is different than land ball. Step one. Also funny from one of them—Omar pulled a nomar and flubbed a spike, and from the opposite side of the net she gave him a thumbs down sign! I like that your debut!

Continuing on with ladies day(in order of appearance): Victoria. It’s not easy to have the courage to play this game. Glad she was able to find it. Serves are good. She shows anticipation in trying to go for balls on serve receive, while others with more experience were acting like (LJ tm) statues. Ball don’t hit water, and back row is not a break room (Chief tm x2). If memory serves I think she also put up the best set of the day to Kenny (lotta anger) Rogers, who gets props for calling today down but demerits for lateness on a 3pm start time.

Paul flat out stuffed one of my serves. Well done. I will remind you jumping the serve is the lowest percentage play in watervolleyball.

Speaking of jumping, Dan and Omar were practicing jump serves today. One of them didn’t have to get on a horse to make it work. So the Danitor has a new secret weapon. Which I guess is not so secret now that I mentioned it. See Dan learn from sanders. My jump serves don’t count because of my limited vertical.

So how to close this AAR? When you’ve been doing this as long as I have, sometimes watervolleyball can be described as a second job. The fun one.

So I was a little cranky. After doing my chores, I could’ve just sat on the couch and watched crappy football games. But interest was expressed in playing. And when that happens you go. You never ask the question who’s gonna be there. It’s my least favorite question. Just go. You can’t have fun if you don’t go.

We few, we happy few, we band of pandas who played today.

Ballchair bless you, ever one.