AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:45 pm 
Site Admin

Austin challenge weekend AAR. “They” said it couldn’t be done. But it can be done! Little bit nervous in trying, but we had 3 teams both days.

I want to thank Dan and Erin for their hard work in making this wonderful weekend happen.

Notables: we had 3 skyliners show up both days. That’s halfway to a full team.

Jo-el isn’t just gaining acceptance, he’s a good baller.

New rugby girl Ireland and new guy John ended up on the Sharks team today when we started 3 teams 5 on 5. Added skykine Isaac by blind draw when 3 more people showed up to get all 3 teams to 6.

Other Sharks included Dan Ronin Steve (aka Monkey) and yours truly.

Dan didn’t drink today, which I think might represent a violation of some kind.

Speaking of violations, it still takes 2 calls for a non obvious “net” serve.

Games today were very close. Sharks vs barracudas vs Team 3 whose name I can’t remember.

Something of a truncated tournament because people had to leave and rain was a comin, so one playoff game and then one game for championship to 21. Sharks were down 12-2, but you’ll never guess what happened? Came back to win. Sharks undefeated on the day.

Photos please Dan.

Games went on after championship battle. And another bottle of sailor J went down today. Please note, sailor Jerry was banned from AWVP for something close to 20 years because it is very strong and therefore led to… unsound behaviors in the past. So special occasions only. But ya’ll earned it this weekend.

I took my lumps yesterday, got rewarded today. So it goes. Stick with it.

Because I can’t think of a better outcome from a great weekend of ball than the prospect of meatball sandwiches and a major award.

Thanks to everyone who showed up this weekend. Excellent energy. Sunday group photo please Dan.

In conclusion: Riata can run tournaments. And those who are not in Dallas can gather in sufficient numbers to play during Dallas challenge weekend. Although I’m currently exhausted, I recommend that we make concurrent Austin/Dallas challenges a regular thing.

Best weekend we’ve had in a long time. Rule #1 in full effect. And victories, and booze. Pandas, I salute you. The state of the league is strong. Ballchair bless you, every one!

https://youtu.be/Oa6OoTVXG6E?feature=shared