AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Chief's AAR 8/12/2023
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:50 pm 
Site Admin

Super fun Saturday in the D leagues AAR.

So glad to be back! I can see again. Didn’t help much at the beginning. I’ve only been out a week, and boy did I suck. Came in cold but timing was way off and I was missing really easy stuff. Guess maybe vision is overrated.

https://youtu.be/HwdONM0VUe8

So if I was struggling, imagine what it’s like to try to come in and learn this game on the fly, or with only a couple appearances.

The interesting thing about mixed games with new people is the inexplicable part: what is the new player gonna do? I don’t know. I expect a lot of times they don’t know! Kinda means anything can happen. Hard to be ready for that.

As such, anyone can make a good play at any time. For example, players that don’t play system ball were serving deep today, and getting them in around a lot of the time right on the back wall. Who knew?

Congratulations to the veteran pandas who were there for being inclusive.

While opinions vary, I’ve always thought winning the crowd, and maybe even getting them to join in, is important.

There were 2 dynasties today. Some of the faces in the photos may surprise you.

Disappointed that my team got shut down on dynasty 1 run, after coming back from down 11-2 to win game 2. That’s why we play the games. Stuck with it to play some more and chase photo glory.

There were surprising good plays from players who don’t usually get set. Alfonso, Ram, looking at you. Revel in your time. But don’t get cocky : )

Another old Chief adage: everyone can make a good play. Key is to string them together, one game at a time, one day at a time, one weekend at a time, one season at a time.

And the cool part is, on mixed ball days, you can make the AAR. As opposed to sekrit ball, where performances good or bad cannot be mentioned, so it’s like those games didn’t happen at all…

https://youtu.be/8xeCBPRmF4Y

Win. The. Crowd. Audience, fans, new players. Super important if Tbones rule #1 is to remain in effect. Let me show you what it looked like as manifested today: