AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Chief's AAR 7/16/2023
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:31 pm 
Site Admin

I bought a calendar! Please tell me I was the first kid on the block to do so!

Sunday funday AAR. Clearly there was a mistake in the start time today. Simple miscommunication I’m sure. Just goes to show, don’t believe everything you read. Unless, of course it’s one of my AARs : )

Lots of new or newish players today. That’s a good thing. Means the league is growing. Welcome.

It also means we will be dealing with somewhat disparate skill sets. That’s going to be… challenging.

Leave that to me.

I had to go back to the “Argosy World Domination Plan”, that has been posted here a couple times before was the basis for the AWVP and runs 21 pages, including appendices:

Paraphrased: President: essentially, the president controls the longer term direction of the league and kissing babies, making sure tasks are being completed and things are running smoothly.

I got the job because I was the only resident willing to take it and am not good at anything else.

So I’ll be getting in with the new players when they’re short of a full squad and I’m not already in play on another team. Always. On occasion I will need a couple of others to do so as well. So the games keep moving. You can rotate on that.

There were some amazing plays today in the mixed ball games I was present for. Turns out you can experiment if you want. Lil dog with the moon balls which were oh so high (maybe higher than some players but I doubt it). Or you can just rip the serves, like Joe did.

A couple dynasties today for games I was there to witness(the other ones don’t exist). One with Monkey. The second one, with ***** on game 3.

You don’t quit and pack it in on a team that’s chasing a photo. So I didn’t.

Always best to play hard for the team you’re on. Because nothing is a foregone conclusion until you get to the end of the game. Occasionally, there are miracles. Occasionally…

https://youtu.be/3Eu2xPYwEWA

Alex got a block today. Omar, gaining acceptance as a setter! You see, there are things you can do besides hit!

Rarest of the rare, I got a block on someone today. The red cooler chortled with joy. But then Papi told me it doesn’t count unless you win the point (you learn something new everyday)—put that in the AARP (must’ve confused me with someone who has retired) So I did!

Erin sure missed the MVP today : ). She was searching the parking lot hoping he would arrive. I recommended putting out the Big Dog signal in the sky. That’s called winning the crowd!

Previously unmentioned usual suspects played well, as they always do: Ford, Dub, Scully, Dan.

Nice to see Taylor/T3 out on the court again.

I didn’t quite understand the citizen thing, but that’s one tall lady. Let’s put her up against big George : ).

Overall, I am pleased and proud about the games I was witness to. I even won one! Mixed ball ain’t easy. Participation and balanced is our goal.

Some players will surprise you if they’re given trigger time.

Ballchair bless the AWVP, and all the players in it.

https://youtu.be/W4VpE-0zitU