AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Chief's AAR 6/25/2023
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

Sunday funday AAR. What a difference a day makes. Full disclosure: about once a year I get some booze on board before I start playing. Yesterday was that day. Tends to augment my flair for the dramatic.

That being said, for any pandas who were complaining there were too many players today, I would direct them to Saturday, when it was one pool no waiting and we only managed to play like 3 games. Moving on.

Our indoor friends are back. A couple of them just moved into Riata and they’ve got the enthusiasm to play all day, unlike some of our waterbabies. They are learning and gaining acceptance. One of them jumped ship and helped me Rafaa(then Forf sub) Baker, Erin and Marcelo try to make a dynasty run. Came up short. But the important part is learning to play together. I’ve played with the indoor folks before, and now one of them played with us. That’s how it’s done.

They also like to party. They remind me a little of AWVP in the heavily alcohol fueled days of old. Jell-O shots were getting tossed once again.

Khalid gets points for showing up both days. Serves looking good, and his game is improving with more trigger time.

Other notables: coach Ford has been very busy this season. For example, telling Erin to block. And she agreed to try: see Erin block, block Erin block! Who did she block? Lil dog!

Today was truly full of miracles, I shared a block with Taz—off Taz hands off my left hand off my right hand into the pole and into the water. Also dug a ball with my face.

It’s called Ballchair not Walchair. Walrus was ejected onto the ground while trying to defile Ballchair once again.

With this many people out there Marcelo figured out that chiefing is hard. But he did his part and helped keep it fair. The tendency is to sit and stack for super team. Marcelo said hard no to that.

Fairer is funner, in aggregate.

There were several dynasties today. I stuck around to chase one, and thought I was going to run into another one of those games you shouldn’t play. The one with 7 players on the other side and Jell-O shots.

The gambler would be impressed with the efforts by Ford Taz Scully Marcelo Jorge and yours truly team to keep the score close, f around and almost find out. See Omar blasting some serves. The net net net chants were amusing though. Went to extra innings. Dynasty achieved, barely 18-16 by “the good guys”. Que the photo!

After the mighty AWVP was defeated yesterday by children, snow cones, and low turnout, and I wanted to burn my colors (notice I didn’t wear them today), my faith in the league is restored.

As the sheriff often says, watervolleyball is sublime and inexplicable.

One wonders what the next weekend will bring?!