AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Chief's AAR 5/7/2023
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:16 am 
Site Admin

The usual suspects played very well indeed. Big dog is quick quick and nimble and packs a nasty sting. I like little dogs range and willingness to move as a big: a blew a shot by putting it straight up in the air—luckily I know what to do when that happens, go under. lil Dog came right over the top of me to save the play.

Edub reminded everyone that he’s won server of the year a few times. Woodcock did some damage on serve with the heavy ball.

We’re gonna need to talk on serve receive, because while we have a lot of master blasters these days, there are also folks who can do sinkers that drop in between front and back. The old plan was back mid plays in closer, especially if short like me…

Miami was a little big man on the net. No fear about going up against taller opponents.

Attorney walrus had good signature back row defense and pounded a coupe down.

There was a game I didn’t play in featuring a comeback from 13-2 score. More on that from the players as to how it happened.

Garret made some big late arrival plays. So clearly not as banged up as his injury gear made out. Save some for the 40s and 50s sequels.

Speaking of elder statesman, navy played almost every game and won way more than I did. Yes, Statler and Waldorf do keep track of such things.

What I really liked this early was most serves for fielded and most passes were high.

If this is the level of play starting out, my oh my it’s gonna be a season! I’m am pleased and proud of the AWVP—congrats to all the players:

https://youtu.be/YLzenunwAOQ