AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Chief's AAR 9/10/2022
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:39 pm 
Site Admin

I wasn’t there for all of it. I was told the tourney games were close: 15-13 each time?

Big leads were not a guarantee of victory, there were many comebacks.

Team analysis: SA is tall across the board. They pass well, once they figure out the ball is wet. They can cover dinks. Some amazing serves, but inconsistent there, as the whole team could rotate and not get one in.

LJ was schooling them on how to serve.

The next thing they’ll need to learn is how to argue as much as we do. Hope not!

Remember that George never gets in the net, ever. That no one can argue with : )

Btw, where were the lane lines today? Those kinda need to be there for tournament play.

So how did Austin win? It’s very odd to see Javi Joe Randy not be the tallest across the board. I expect it has to do with years and years of experience. Water is a different game. Like the matrix, some rules can be bent, others can be broken. Also, the ball is wet.

To all the sanders that play on the beloved obstacle: you are all waterbabies now!

SA wanted to play together all day, and that’s fine. But I will mention, when the hurly burly’s done, when the battle is lost and won, from time immemorial, AWVP mantra is to mix it up, so that people learn to play together.

Play the big boy games for the championship, then mix it up is the philosophy. I was pleased and proud to get the call to come up from the D leagues to play on Austin B—I don’t go in for the green and purple stuff. Let’s just call things what they are: turn ons—fun in the sun, Natty Light, watervolleyball; turnoffs, being short and old.

But with a little help from my friends like Rafaa, Dub, Marcelo, Navy, and everyone I got a chance to play with, Austin B went like 2-1.

And then the games continued. Because the game is fun, dammit.

We only had a couple of ladies today, but they play, too.

Hope Javi’s finger is ok. He’s had hand problems in the past.

As a conclusion to various random thoughts on a day of great ball, no team that is better on paper is guaranteed victory. That’s why we play the games : )

And I find the state of this league to be strong. As long as we can keep a bunch of people on the roster.

AWVP has been around for awhile now. Growing, changing. We as a group decide its future:

https://youtu.be/zAadziqcQZw