AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:45 pm 
Site Admin

Labor Day AAR, dedicated to absent pandas.

Chlorine warning lowered from burny to itchy, beautiful weather (although I often like clouds to ball is visible at all times). Lady sanders are encouraged to joint the amphibians and water babies to play our games.

Very few breaks today. I probably could’ve used one on the road to dynasty, because that road was blocked at the same time the sun was not. Hard to play when you can’t see. Long bill hat helps a little. My team also managed to blow a 9-0 lead courtesy of Dub serving. Guess he’ll have to get 10 or 11 next time.

Let’s go to the positive. Very fun, if somewhat short day.

Erin deserves props for doing the job of Riata Chief, trying to herd you pandas to the pool, bringing out the equipment and the meatballs, and serving up some spicy meatballs on the court as well. Her serve is back.

Biggest turnaround performance—Woodcock! Either flaccid or overly turgid yesterday, today just cock strong right, on both hitting and blocking. What a difference a day makes.

Jarrod also had a good day as little big man at the net.

Speaking of little big men, Miami had some game changing plays.

Javi played well. It’s been a while since I saw him on the court and will be interested in what his sander guests thought of today’s show.

Garrett and George overcame scoring defects with strong serving.

Rafaa decided his shoulder didn’t hurt that much. Took me a while to get there, but I was eventually able to give him a series of blasting opportunities. And of course he put in his usual “no sir” performance on the net.

Another observation: he’s able to field serves in the back row coming forward by bumping. Not many can do that.

Lots of people were banging today:

https://youtu.be/MZXlgNMDK3E

I think we chose the right ball and are at that sweet spot late in the season where a lot of those blasts got dug! Ball often times wouldn’t go down. Leading to the old adage, sometimes they come back.

Was there slop? Sure. But also good rallies and games where the score went back and forth. So I’d say a good example about how not everything has to be a BBG for fun to be had and games to be worth playing.

Today’s casualties: Kenny’s face off Rafaa hit, my Chief ball, Jarrods ball.

Again, with extended play with both, Tachikaras are harder and get heavy and are therefore more hurty vs replica. Which one would you rather get hit with?

While the show never ends, it’s seasonal. Only a few chances left to play, so come one, come all:

https://youtu.be/0VsifANR96s