AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Chief's AAR 8/21/2022
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:58 pm 
Site Admin

Sunday AAR. No dynasties this weekend. Focus was more in making teams fair, which worked, for the most part.

Todays moment of ridicule goes to my team: Taz Rafaa Walrus, Alex Tbone yours truly. Worth pointing out that this team includes the current MVP and 3 former MVPs (it may surprise the gentle readers that 2007 MVP was 3 way tie, and I was one of the 3), and yet, the team underperformed, down like 8-1 in first game and 9-2 in second.

So congrats Erin, Kenny, Dan, Randy and I can’t remember who else because shame is affecting my memory for holding off our second comeback attempt.

Something I say a lot: that’s why we play the games.

We had a pole play today. Poles are in for those who do not know. I’ve been tempted for a while to try to hit one off the pole when I’m overmatched at the net, which is most times, including against Erin, who beat me on the net today.

New people got to play today. Results were decidedly mixed. But they know who we are, and it takes a lot of courage to step up. The girl that was with them took pics. That shows a certain level of interest and they now have tales to tell.

What a difference a day makes. Omar struggled mightily yesterday, did better today. Trigger time is important.

Let me remind you next weekend is Dallas tournament. Rafaa tells me they’ve brought in new younger players up there. You know who made them change their ways? Austin AWVP, that’s who! Wish our teams luck.

The impact next weekend is that 14 players will be gone. So that means all hands on deck, don’t forget where the pool is, and a good time to bring in new people.

That’s the good part about having an inclusive league—tournament game, regular game, we can do both.

See also, thank you Erin for the meatballs. I need to remember to bring a to go bag : )

https://youtu.be/c0OymKRvvSA