AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Chief's AAR 8/20/2022
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:01 pm 
Site Admin

Saturday AAR. Starting with league business. optx replica is new official league ball. I noticed Tachikara has a tendency to get a little flat and take on water. I’ve ordered more optx.

Thanks to everyone for showing up today. Good turnout. And good job mixing up talent. Except for that one time, and saw Creepy Dub Walrus and Kenny all on the same team vs Rafaa, with me and Monkey being the other “bigs” on the team. Sure looked like stacked team was going to cover the spread, but not so fast, Gambler. Little team that almost could came back to 13-14 before losing:

https://youtu.be/WmhkOiWGSfM

As Dan said, MVP Rafaa is a man of the people. And people often ask, what is an MVP? Well, one aspect is giving whatever team you find yourself on the benefit of your will and skill 100%, because that can inspire others to do the same.

I saw Dan do a both a move or two in the back row (queue move video Dan), and a whip spike I didn’t know he had in his repertoire, so a miraculous day indeed.

See also, I seem to remember Alex blocked the MVP one time, or maybe I was dreaming?

I also saw Jorge hit from the back row on a superset that he missed last weekend, so hip hip Jorge.

Note to front middle “hands” players. If to turn your back to the play, I and others will drop the ball right behind you, so at least give the server a side eye.

A couple of new guys joined us early. They didn’t suck.

For other new players, some of whom are the subject of hagiographic equine artwork, one step forward, 2 steps back.

Do not despair. Sometimes that’s how it works. Ask me how I know.

I think I started playing ball when Rafaa was 2 years old. By age 4 he was kicking my ass.

But seriously pandas, the one great strength of this league is that we’re always bringing new people in.

I’ve always said this game is the most fun you can have with your water panties on. That fun should be shared as much as practicable.

And now for music you can’t play ball to, but can contemplate until we play again.

https://youtu.be/FHO6a2H-pqY