AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Chief's AAR 8/7/2022
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:34 pm 
Site Admin

What a difference a day makes. Thank you pandas, one and all for this Sunday funday. Turns out showing up is half the battle!

There is sort of a magic number of pandas. Too few, not enough options. Too many, people are waiting around. Today was just about right.

Dan was instructing me today on positivity about volleyballs. So now there’s a debate on whether the new orb should be replica OptX or Tachikara. Soo, it looks like I’ll be buying a couple of the former, because it reminds me of the old Wilson dragons and the new light blue and yellow ball. For the contrarians out there, Tachikara was my second choice. So now that Chief likes the optx replica, adjust your opinions accordingly.

Some welcomes are in order. Welcome back New York.

https://youtu.be/xZzEzDkeHzI

This is the kind of vibe I think we should aim for. Players can come back after and absence to a place where everybody knows your name.

Welcome to the new sanders. Didn’t catch there names, but very acceptable for the first time in water, where some rules can be bent, and others can be broken.

Haven’t played at all with Javi this year. Good to see him out on the court again. The Navy Javi hookup albeit in a losing effort was especially impressive.

I also seem to remember Joe and Garrett completely flipping the script when they got in the servers position.

That being said…Water is a team sport, because there’s only so much “ground” you can cover.

If you don’t function as a team, bad things happen.

So good job to first dynasty team, which included Erin, who is a new player.

And I want to thank my team at the end of the day. I don’t think I’d won a game. But good teammates who work well together can sure turn things around. Me and monkey are ancient—although he’s a month younger than I am. All of which is actually moot, because Dallas Winkler and Old Man Dick set the bar so high in terms of retirement age.

The point here is that it’s good to mix things up and play the games to see what happens. Because watervolleyball is sublime, inexplicable, and full of surprises.

I for one enjoy the competition and the cameraderie. Both are part of the game.

Very impressed by Lauren(sp?) three straight hits on the same play from power left on the good side.

Other lady sander whose name I didn’t catch also played great.

Back to business. If you haven’t gotten your golden ticket to the Dallas tournament, that probably means you’re not getting one.

So rather than being sad, be glad. Because you get to help defend the honor of the home court from the Skyline players. We’re going to be very thin on the ground, but if everyone commits, I think we will have enough: Tbone, Erin, Ram, Navy, Jarrod, Monkey, Alex, Jorge, shimmy(?) Marcelo, New York(?), Wilbur(?), Sheriff(?), sanders, yours truly, in no particular order? Who’s with me!?

https://youtu.be/q7vtWB4owdE