AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Chief's AAR 7/17/2022
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:47 pm 
Site Admin

What a difference a day makes. With all the recent poolside drama I was thinking maybe stay home today and lighten the numbers a little. Sure glad I didn’t.

Thanks to my teammates. Randy’s regularly getting 1/2 the offense of servers at the minimum. Jarrod was the setter for first dynasty, see Taz hit and bring back the moon ball. I wish I could say I was as good as T3 when I was a young lady because that would be a lie. Kenny slamming it (who says I can only set left). Tbone for the W on 2nd dynasty. The list goes on and on. Thanks to everyone for good games. Lots of fun rallies too.

This also happened. A couple of ball curious players crept up to what I’ll call Marcelo’s corner (from the famous photo) to observe games. I asked if they wanted to play and they said yes.

I was then asked if I was bringing them in before our players. Well, no. Because that would be the first game the new guys had played all day, and if it’s your first day at the Obstacle, you have to fight…

Also, I can do a little math. I don’t think we benched anyone. If memory serves, I think Marcelo, Dan and Monkey played with the new guys. To be fair the new blood had thumbs—clearly not the first time they’d seen a volleyball. But mixed team pretty much mopped the floor with a very experienced team.

So 2 lessons here. Let new people play. It’s good for pool relations (see is our Omar learning? Yes he is). And second, if you underperform as a team, sit your ass down. Ask me how I know about that one.

This is why we play the games.

LJ had a good day and was Edub’s #1 draft pick!

Thanks to everyone for making it a great day of games. Ballchair bless you, every one.