AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Chief's AAR 7/10/2022
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:14 am 
Site Admin

Sunday serious AAR. I may have a mea culpa in today’s foolishness. It happened a couple weeks ago and clearly someone is holding a grudge. I’m going to keep it very general in case prying eyes are watching t. If I did something wrong let me know.

At that time, Mr blue ball was playing by himself with what I assume is his lady and a little girl. I asked if I could join and that was ok. I asked if we could keep score. Also ok. So a “game” happened and when it was over, I said other people wanted to play. I guess that led to sadness and anger. My apologies. I smiled at them today when I came in and got the stink eye.

If things are going to get chipoy again, I’ll cite the deal I struck with Tbone about 10 years ago when argosy got shut down: you need players? I’ve got em. But we always serve at the pleasure of the residents.

I’m more than willing and help manage things, but when push comes to shove I can’t really be involved.

If Mr blue ball is a resident, and all of his crew are(? guessing not because there were maybe 6 of them) maybe other residents can introduce themselves, and say that it’s not an either or situation. If you and yours want to play, you can.

I’m getting a little Argosy PTSD and old school Riata vibe on this.

Hopefully we the difference is in the numbers. I was trying to run the show at Argosy with ball happening almost daily when we were younger as the only resident. Mr blue balls is outnumbered. If it were me with the authority, I would approach that gentleman and let him know it’s not him vs us.

Otherwise I’m told I have to move in with Dan and have the gay sex. So I’m hoping Riata mind powers overcome the blue balls before that happens.

Stuff like this gets me rattled, so forgive the random thoughts. How many times did Maya block George today? T3 made a good run for drunkest panda today but the walrus flipped up and said no. That’s his title.

I didn’t end up in a rote today where I got to face a Randy serve. That will leave me less prepared when the time comes. So in true AWVP taunting fashion, alright meat, bring the heat. Server of the day.

Lotta people today= lotta management. More or less went well. Omar didn’t get skipped, and he’s learning. Also the only player who has a painting shitless on a horse. Frankly I’m jealous.

I hung in there until the last game to 21. LJ and some of the vet players know what I say about that last game. It’s the game you’re not supposed to play. But dammit, I was winless on the day, and will test my liquor tolerance against all comers.

Favorite line after the hurly burly was done: Taz (on my team) “Did we just play to 21? Who won?”

We have assembled a polymorphous and perverse group of players, who are better than any