AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:03 pm 
Site Admin

Sunday fun day AAR. Arrival time appears to now be closer to 3:30. Need to work on that. My goal is to show up 2-2:30 just in case some early game without sun monster can be had.

BBGs (big boy games) have returned. I’d like to thank my team, described as an “old ass Argosy squad,” for providing the opportunity to play in high level games: Mikey, Navy, Dub, Monkey, with special guest stars Rafaa, Kenny, and Scully in a couple different mixes. Baker kept seeing my teams show up and predicting we were dynasty bait. Not so fast. Almost dynastied ourselves, but went 4-2 instead. Including a comeback down 14-7, and some good serving performances, from Dub, reminding people why he’s won several server of the year titles, and Monkey, who monkey dicked/poxed Bakers squad. I managed to serve a couple over the net myself.

Wouldn’t be a day at the obstacle if there wasn’t some ballitics.

Here’s my take on what is a dynasty. 3 wins. That’s the basic definition. We have to expect that our numbers will increase as the season progresses. So scrub games count. Because today we had 11 dry players. It doesn’t make sense to me that a team gets to play 4 games while some pandas are going double or triple dry so that their dynasty doesn’t have an * next to it.

But there’s an alternative we’ve done in the past—2 win team can elect to sit on scrub game 3, let a dry team beat the scrubs, then come back in to play the scrub beaters. That’s potentially fair, right? It’s something we’ve done before. Becomes more complicated if you have an infinite number of scrub teams, which technically means no games count and the same team just stays in to beat them…

I’m not being Dick Tator on this, just trying to ensure the greatest good for the greatest number. And what’s fair is share.

On that note, Erin was trying to get in a game like 3 times. I watched her play on my way out the door. She’s got skills. While I get that big dogs want to hunt, and every game is crucial, the way you get better is to play, and no one should have to wait all day to do that. Don’t skip people.

On people who ended up on the other side of the net and I rarely get to play with, @Garret Denney is quite the asset to this league, and Taz Ford and Scotty should watch who they are calling an “old ass Argosy squad”. Glad you remember your training : ).

Oh yeah. LJ is back. Taunted some big servers with his “lollipops”

Very enjoyable day. There was even some dancing. Keep it up, pandas, you’re doing great!

https://youtu.be/qK5KhQG06xU