AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Chief's AAR 6/11/2022
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:45 pm 
Site Admin

Had to sort out some facts. AAR can now commence.

Not sure what was going on, but it took a very long time for the league to assemble its forces today.

So we tried out the potential new ball today for like an hour before we even had enough for 4 on 4. Shame.

Opinions on new ball are shall we say, mixed. Thinking the website that called it a training ball are most accurate. It’s fun and intriguing, but I expect majority will want to look elsewhere to replace the 210s.

Above average turnout of people who are not the bad guys(us) today. I know I’m talking into the void, but if new people want to play, let them. One guy named Johnny just moved in, so resident scrub, not scrub scrub. Another new guy was not bad at all. Wookie of the year potential.

If we are seen as somewhat inclusive, maybe we’ll be known as the not so bad guys in future. It’s good for exclusive resort community relations in my scrub whisperer opinion.

The Walrus shuttle arrived strategically. Never bad when you bring Wally, Forf, and Taz in as the 3 dry amigos, especially if they come in with Baker, Dan, and new guy who could pass. Especially on a day where we’re a bit short handed.

Facing this super team on the bad side were Kenny, Beth, Miami, Monkey, Khaled, and yours truly.

Kenny put the odds at 12:1. So we got slaughtered as expected and there’s nothing to write about. No, wait, strike that, reverse it!

We have a phrase for this: “that’s why we play the games!”

Kenny, and the rest of my teammates, thank you for showing that miracles can still happen.

The little team that could won! When
big upsets like that happen, the favored team is going to have sit through the chronicle. Now is one of those times:

https://youtu.be/eA4FxBQ020k

Today Kenny played the role of Big Papi as the nerds hitter.

Team chemistry is important:

https://youtu.be/1mRG2oAQhso

And from one weird day years ago that was kind of like this one that Tbone and Dub may remember:

https://youtu.be/3qXM0nZq0RA

Even on odd days like this, it is better to play ball than not to play ball.

Last weekend, Tbone had an ask. I’m a listener, and I serve at the pleasure of the residents, so I honored his request. A delivery was made. I’ll let Tbone reveal what it was.

Apparently there was controversy in last game to 21. New rule for sure this year is switch at half when sun monster rears its ugly head, because my team was down 1-11 at the switch. Notable performances in that match by Scott the Walrus, who was everywhere, and Scully. Dynasty**

*There was a scrub game in the middle. Those count. And they help show the new people the game isn’t as easy as it looks.

*Apparently everyone is mad a me for taking a point when Taz said he wasn’t ready. I’m not the fastest server in the world, surveyed the court, called the score, and commenced. The seven other times in previous games where Taz said he wasn’t ready after he screwed up today factor into this. We’re pros. Which mean you have to pay attention.

Apologies is this spirit has offended.

It’s going to long hot summer. Which means a lot of new people and a lot of mixed games like today. I suggest that the pandas be inclusive and patient, because Rule #1 applies to everyone.

Until tomorrow!