AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:32 pm 
Site Admin

Neighbor day AAR. People showed up before 3! Who says nothing is impossible and no one listens to Kenny?

Rafaa promised sanders, and there were sanders. But they retired pretty early in the day. Sadly, I was #13 in order of arrival so ended up in the bad rote.

Today saw the return of Dub to the pool. Tan fit and rested, he did what dubs do.

Other strong hitting performances put in by Joey, Kenny, and some really dominant flippers from the walrus.

Also some strong play from Miami—see Miami hit. Hit Miami hit. See Miami block. Block Miami, block. See Miami serve…

Kent had some amazing plays, as well as other plays.

Speaking of plays, what is a block? I’m against Scully in the middle and he optioned on 2, so I put my hand up. Went up off my hand so I hit it again. Did I leave my feet? Not really. But there have been plenty of plays where big hitters come straight down on me and it is a block. So looking for clarification.

There were 2 dynasties on the day. Only the second one got the dynasty photo. Navy was on the first one. Needed to point that out since no photo.

So it’s getting later in the day, and I’m 0-fer. Then Dan took the role usually played by captain Javious in the nerds team. Me Navy Marcelo Kent Tbone. Vs Walrus Taz Scully Wescott Miami Monkey.

We won the first game, then navy had to leave. So 5 on 6.

But the 5 had some advantages. Taz turned into Juicy J, making a strong run for drunkest panda:

https://youtu.be/b21MQqHthPs

Walrus was right behind him.

But 6 took game 2 vs 5. Then we come to last of the best of 3–what often refer to as the game that should not be played. Thunder and lightning, and heavy amounts of juice threatened to end the game. So with Dan and Tbone leading the way 5 beat 6 to close the day. Wore them down. Went something like this:

https://youtu.be/W5K3AKl5qpc

-Chief