AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Chief's AAR 9/5/2021
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:46 pm 
Site Admin

OK, the official anger Sunday AAR.

So there was a skyline safari that we’ve already talked about.

https://youtu.be/lKfupO4ZzPs

And then we showed them:

https://youtu.be/ABQQHwf4sYA

Dan’s game film from the event will look something like that.

We’ve already talked about how Rafaa made them soil their armor. Not much else to say. We played through 4 of their teams.

Not much to recommend about that court, and a lot not to recommend. It made the argosy look like the exclusive resort community by comparison.

Water 3’4”, net way too low, pool bottom falling apart with rocks in it, stairs on one side they haven’t lined off as they should, pool on a hill so out balls go waaay out. An actual potential tree issue that hasn’t been seen since old argosy.

Nice enough fellas. I gave them some recommendations based on my own extensive experience: raise your net, line off the stairs. No doubt I will be ignored. But you never know. We learned many things and implemented changes after AWVPs long winning streak came to an end in Dallas.

But that thing wheee you sometimes learn more in defeat than you do in victory is actually true.

Probably should add, we’ll come back in a year to see what improvements you’ve made.

https://youtu.be/JdwyAcJ8j2U

It’s not pretty, but it’s the only thing I’ve seen that works.

Turning to game at the one true remaining obstacle today, as Saturday was all about the fun, today was all about the anger. Anger anger anger. Why?

Where is this coming from? I was feeling some disturbance in the force regarding taking players out of the roster for a safari. Well, we all showed up on time, there were only 6 on the official roster, and we were up at the OTO after 1.5 hours. Only to see a bunch of players sitting around afraid of children with water wings.

What the actual f**k. 13 players go to Dallas for 2 days, we play through. I take 1.5 hours to spread the gospel of watervolleyball, as Ballchair intended, and everyone is butthurt?

https://youtu.be/zANvYB93u2g

Why should Dallas be the only legendary players. We deserve our own legend. And showing the AWVP flag over conquered courts is how you do that. It’s the only way they’ll learn.

So when I get to the exclusive resort community, all sorts of weirdness is going on. Can’t play with dry 6, have to split em up. Won’t be fair. My mixed team underperformed, so I’m out after game 1, and potentially in a bad rote.

Because me Jorge Navy Dan had to sit. So we all come back in together.

So if memory serves, we kept Kenny and Taz from next losing squad, went down 8, and came back to win.

Also, since I’m housebroken, I was replaced on that winning team because I had to wait in line for the bathroom. Wasn’t even offered to sub back in.

Notable performances at Riata: Joey hitting, walruses burrito(no feeding walrus during game, makes him sleepy), Taz on serves and hits. Wescott got his serve back. Jorge gaining acceptance. Navy blocking the bigs and serving well after he figured out he wasn’t still at skyline. Takes a while to transition.

And this, to all of you magnificent pandas, seeing what goes on at other courts, as compared to the game we play, should make each and every one of you proud to be part of the AWVP.

So how by ballchairs legs did you forget rule #1, have fun, in a 24 hour period where 6 players were gone for 1.5 hours?

Oh no. There are scrubs in the pool. Well, play them. That non game got Karina her first appearance in the pool, and her first win on 2 serves going over the net, against purported. adults.

All this too shall pass. So how about this—let’s make tomorrow more line Saturday. Remember rule #1

Addenda, I got to block a big dude at skyline. That always makes me happy : )

And Dan brought his usual 3 rolls when the Riata bathroom has zero, on Neighbor Day Weekend. That’s probably the biggest save of the day.

That is all. As usual, feel free to add what I have omitted or forgotten.

-Chief