AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:21 pm 
Site Admin

SuperKalliefragilsitcexpeialidocious AAR.

Early on in warmup, a new guy put one over my head and then said, “I forgot how short you are”

Well, sometimes good things come in small packages.

Which brings us to Kallie. She gets my vote for player of the day, for teaching us about what Rule#1(have fun) is all about.

The expression of joy she displayed was something to behold.

Also great spirit. I was telling her to put the ball in the air on serve and put it over with 2 hands. She said, “nope. I like to hit it hard.”

Proud to be on her team today along with Dan, Monkey Navy and Tbone. We were dynastyesque. Won the first 2 when no one gave us a chance, lost dynasty game 15-13.

That’s why we play the games…

Newsflash! There is other intelligent life in the Austin universe that plays regular watervolleyball. Ran into a guy from this place today:

skyline at barton creek

So we talked about taking a team to their court next Sunday.

Remember the “pool safari days?” Those were fun—meeting new people and “sharing our culture” with them : )

https://youtu.be/rjr2W0wQvs0

In the days where the little pool that could shocked the world: Arrrosy training sir!

Since LJ frowns on growing the league in this fashion, he’s not invited.

My new attorney players that people look askance at also expressed interest in a south side court. Opening a new venue would give them options, since they are just AWVP pledges at this point So if they have an option to play south, isn’t this kind of a win win?

You see, yours truly is always looking out for the league, while LJ plays in the mansion in his own mind:

https://youtu.be/GX4CU0VEgUE

Other notables from today: Alex gaining acceptance on serves and he had one really good swing—doesn’t matter if it’s blocked, keep doing that. Dan brought 3 rolls when there were none in the exclusive resort community bathroom, and brought some good game as well. Walrus wants everyone to know he is still a candidate for drunkest panda. Got bored of pounding balls and pounded more than the 3 beers it takes to cause breaching dysfunction.

We had 4s 5s and 6s today. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

-Chief