AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:51 pm 
Site Admin

AAR Sunday funday.

What a difference a day makes. Lots of sanders today. Welcome back Baker. And we had zombie George. Very rapidly we were 3+ teams deep.

Serves all and all were very strong today, which is a good sign going into Dallas. Just remember, their court is shorter, so you gotta dip the serve. You master blaster servers know who you are, and there are too many to name.

But also remember, sometimes when Miami or Kent or Alex or even sometimes when I get to the servers position, sometimes points are also scored, not because the serves are hot but because someone did a good job on team lineup such that server is protected and you’ve got a scoring lineup in place.

My first game basically reacting to serves was just terrible. Out of 8 times I touched the ball, I think 6 of them were bad. Can only go up from there.

Javi wanted me to note that he was on 2 dynasties today. First one was about as stacked as it could get. LJ asked how that happened.

Well, we have all sorts of different methods to pick teams (shirts, captains, dries, get in where you fit on and sort it out, first to arrive). We went for the latter to start today and it just so happens very good players all showed up a bit tardy. So pretty easy dynasty.

Thanks to the new sanders who played with me on what was termed the C team against the super team in game 2.

I’d like to thank whoever picked me for the second Javi dynasty game, which involves the Walrus, Dub, Javi, Scully, Alex, and yours truly. Team almost blew it after being up 14-4. Think we won game 2 15-13.

Once again we forgot to switch at 8 at the start of the day. It’s gonna take a while.

I think all we need to deal with the sun monster is like a 30-40ft high sailcloth we could raise. Bonus points if it has AWVP logo on it, or hoist the jolly panda flag : ).

Walrus would be mad if I didn’t mention he was pounding it down today. Dub detailed the strategy. Set him, and hit hard. It’ll work.

Speaking of trips to pound town, LJ got absolutely nailed by a Cisneros serve via deflection off Alex. Worst facial I’ve seen since Jerrel hit me several years ago.

Sea Monkey had his moments.

So did the Dandylion who laid off the Natty today to focus on his game.

Forf was unable to get anything looking like a good set when he was lined up against me 3-4 times today. Sometimes “shhh” nobody look at the matchup works

Scully is developing as a good instinctive tweener net player.

Me and Chris J made sure to dangle our feet in the water for a bit during a close game to honor what Dallas does : )

I did not see LJ win a game today. Sometimes that happens, even to above average watervolleyball players.

Speaking of LJ, he mentioned something about “regression” today, so I will turn this AAR over to the Lippisaner stallion so the berating can begin.

-Chief