AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Chief's AAR 7/24/2021
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:58 pm 
Site Admin

Saturday AAR, which in this case stand for annoying argument report.

I’ll go on record again: I think the 12 year old kids of Dallas players came up with Wallyball rules. They allow you to be less accurate, and still win the point. Less arguing??? It is to laugh.

Today’s sub chapter 26(a)1 of Wallyball rules was A Cisneros ball that hit the back wall, but caught a wave on the way back to the net? In or out? It didn’t skip off the water on the way back, but water was involved.

Then there was a Taylor serve that hit the corner of the wall and I’m pretty sure caught some line. In or out?

Today we played at the argument world headquarters, so opinions varied, extensively and endlessly.

Hint to people organizing games. When a stacked team comes in and dynasties, the thing you don’t want to do is put all the drys in if there’s like 10-12 of them, because you will be facing that exact same stacked team again. This should not be hard to understand, but it took 20 min to sort out.

And I do mean a stacked team. I think it was Rafaa Javi Troy (welcome sander, the ball is wet) Scott Kenny Cisneros

One of my favorite games of the day was facing that stacked team though. Joey Dan Taylor Marcelo and Miami scored 12 on that team. We were ahead at one point. That’s why we play the games…

It’s always a joy to play on Taylor’s team btw.

Let’s cover the inexplicable parts or today—Miami 4 blocks, 1 on Rafaa. Dan had an amazing day. Blocks and hits on all the bigs in the pool.

https://youtu.be/vn-k-qPPRx8

Yours truly: 1 block on Rafaa, I hit on Rafaa.

LJ turtled in late. Good morning LJ. I was on his team and almost went dynasty, only to lose in last game to 21.

Last game felt like it was to 42 because of all the delays. Clown college I say. Games without rhythm are extremely frustrating.

Thus, a decidedly mixed bag today.

Had fun for the most part, but the slow rolling made Ballchair weep.

More and faster next time please:

https://youtu.be/Ab-EltRI23A

-Chief