AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:25 pm 
Site Admin

Sunday mid July AAR. Wow. These are great days we’re living, Pandas. Like jolly bronze giants, with volleyballls.

Great turnout and lots of fun.

The wins that eluded me all day yesterday were available today (apparently the key to everlasting victory is not playing on Matt Cisneros team, which I have yet to do. As Scully might say, he’s not a machine, he’s just a man.

But those wins were thanks to a great team. I was mainly setting Javi, but I’ll point out that the give and go to mid court middle hitter and/or back row is somewhat underused in this new modern game. Helps when Rafaa is said hitter. Jarrod also had some good plays on this team. Dynasty, though not easily. We would get up like 8 points and then struggle to finish. I tried to do my part and am happy to be back in the lineup. I’m trying to learn how to do the fielding/first pass part all over again.

Because boy, the serving, hitting, and rallies are really something to behold. Passing was kind of so so today. Depended on the game.

I’m now convinced after talking with Creepy Dan that my red cooler is the host for the spirit of Dick Tator, who is haunting the court to cause much controversy. Maybe some of you have noticed it has started speaking to Javi…

We will be sending the latest instant replay video involving the red cooler to drunkest panda Nate for a final ruling.

It still makes me laugh that the juvenile Walleyball rules really produce less arguing. I’m reminded or the PVC pipe in Dallas, you get within a foot of that thing and they’ll call it out, which produces a good side. Less arguing that way too I suppose.

How about those of you who do weights just bring one out to use to hold down the line instead of devil cooler?

Of course, a day without the Lip is like a day without sunshine, or maybe just without lipping.

In time LJs mistakes could not easily be counted, and yet his team was triumphantly proceeding to Dynasty, thanks in no small part to Kent’s serves, when they were stopped hard by… a doughnut

Sorry I buried the hilarious lede, but I’m going chronologically.

Rafaa may have earned himself a new nickname!

His doughnutry along with strong performances from Taz, Scott (who both guaranteed zippers) and Dub most thoroughly zipped the lip in the closing games of this late day double feature panda show:

https://youtu.be/4plqh6obZW4

Sublime and inexplicable to be sure this league is.

Since I can see a trend coming, If the ball hits a floaty doughnut being worn by a player, it didn’t hit water, is a playable ball right? There’s less arguing that way…

Me and the silly sailor were talking today, and it sure is pleasing to us aging veterans to see all pandas having fun in the sun and playing well (the game gets better and better), as Ballchair intended.

That’s all for now. Ballchair bless you, every one(even LJ) : )

-Chief