AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:04 pm 
Site Admin

June Saturday AAR:

Thank you all pandas for giving me the opportunity at a second attempt at a comeback. Last time was too early. Feeling a lot better now.

And no lie, it’s scary being gone a year and a half and trying to play against the talent this league brings out on a regular basis.

Welcome Lexi, lady sander who already brings game that is sexy. Really picked up the water moves fast.

The usual suspects did the usual things: Dub Ford Javi Joey Kenny Scott had good day.

Tbone is the sultan of swat. My what big hits he had on this day.

Marcelo is picking up how to water set.

I want to thank my teams for picking up my slack and making for a good day.

Especially in that one game where 4 dries had to be picked up first and I really needed first pick: Scott Jorge’s friend Jesse, Kent, and Alex. Didn’t go that way. Creepy got Scott. So me Kent Jesse Ford Javi Marcelo get to go up against creepy Scott Alex Edub Joey and Lexi.

To quote an old phrase, “that’s why we play the games.” Got out to a 10 point lead thanks to Marcelo serving and Ford Javi doing what they do, and ended up surviving to win.

Nerds!!

That game also featured a play I have not seen in some time—the flex bone! Ford very surreptitiously moved from back to front to make a very crucial play.

Yes, sanders, that is legal in watervolleyball. In the more soused days of yore, I can recall being the only player left in the backfield!

Thanks to my teams, went 3-2* today. I got traded after 1st win for Joey, which totally makes sense, except for team I was traded to ended up winning.

*1 L was with a scrub squad that watched the play, figured this is easy, but had no business being anywhere near a sporting court. Another old phrase: “This is harder than it looks”. Thanks reisidan for participating and making things go smoothly on that front.

Pandas have finally figured out it’s summer. Games moved fairly quickly and there were more games than breaks. Ballchair be blessed.

I played as many games as I could before things tightened up again. Let me know what I missed."

-Chief

Addendum:

"I forgot to mention Shimmy. He has some good hits too.

Tomorrow there will be a measurement on net height to make sure it’s regulation height so that all stats this year count.

It’s good to be able to play again : )

https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ