AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:55 am 

The margin of victory w the improvement of most players, and influx of already good players has gotten as slim as it has ever been in the history of AWVP...It is a whole new ball game out there most days w competition levels pegging in the red RPMs...If you arent a former MVP, and lose you will sit for a while, and sometimes a long time...Hell, even some former MVPs are having to sit at time...The players are passionate, and our season is abbreviated due to the Rona, but we are def packing in many great sessions of ball!

Sunday brought out 2 Dynasties and Dynasty busters as well...Double blocking is at a premium, and dink coverage is Dallas level...The first Dynasty was comprised of Apreezy/Lip/Jorge/Walrus/Channing needs a nickname/and MarSetto who was MarHitto much of yesterday...The 2nd Dynasty was more surprising comprised of Kent/Monkey/Jorge again/Matt Cisneros who might have won rookie of the year w his first session ever/Shimmy I believe/ and Scully I believe...That team w umm two challenging players smoked two teams allowing only 5 or less pts...Alas, the Dynasty busting team of Apreezy/Lip/Grape Ape/Walrus/Wookcock/and MarSetto somehow failed to bust up that 2nd Dynasty...

Side notes: The Gambler has been grilling up some good vittles...Foreign Alex, not Kaitlyn Alex got some trigger time hitting, and gets almost all his serves in which many other players should try to emulate...Navy's submarine reappeared for 2 sessions over wknd, and his overall game was not as rusty as presumed although the serving misses were back...Scully is becoming a force in the front middle using the Forf pirouette to much success including lefty...He also gave me one of the best sets of my life What Dreams are Made Of types for the 1st Dynasty of the day closeout point...Problem for him is he was on other team...Oh, and Chuban pulled some fat or his groin putting him on the sidelines for most of Sunday session, but when he did play from ground level was still effective...Thanks to Kent for bringing out the Slushies machine that were damn tasty...Pretty sure I saw Chubano go back 5 times...

Player of the Day: Jorge aka Georgie...His serve was unstoppable, esp vs sunny side, and he was part of both Dynasties...

And that is how an AAR is done!