AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bonus ball AAR Sat 10/5
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:34 pm 

Not exactly 10/4, more like 10/5...

Thanks to sanders Cuban, George, Tall Guy for coming out and elevating the game. George was so excited to get to the pool he didn't bring shorts that fit. I don't think he lost after he donned the Kenny loaner shorts. New lady sander didn't disappoint either. Very good player. Pretty much had the best sets of the day.

Lost the first 3 of the day. I sure thought I had a decent small ball team, but not so much. Closest we got was like 9 points. Marcelo team dynastied.

Turnabout is fair play. Next time around, the team I was on dynsastied.

We did a pretty good job mixing up the talent today. Chris the beard brought some new guys. They're learning. Keep it up.

We played 3 last games to 21. The first one featured some of the most amazing slop ball I have ever seen. Won that one pretty handily.

Evan is now 15, so officially old enough to play on the Obstacle. Do not call him 12!

Funniest line of the day: Kenny Rogers--"This serve's coming to me" And he was right. It went to him, and right past him, for the win.

Today was fun ball, not always good ball. This is Joe's last weekend on the Obstacle. One day to go. Please try to make it a good one.

This call may surprise everyone. But player of the day goes to... Alex!

Yeah, you heard me. Marcelo pointed out that Alex was 7-0 in the games that mattered today. And LJ certainly thinks Ws matter, so there's the rationale. But also, Alex is starting to do more than one good thing in a game. He's starting to string some plays together. He dug a very tough ball. He spiked a ball. He made a block. His serves were good. Is our Alex learning? The answer is yes. Good job, Alex. Don't let it go to your head! Tomorrow is another day, and we expect that level of play from you, and more.

Winter is coming. Cherish the chance to play while you can. See you tomorrow.

Death from above! Fire down below!