AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: AAR safe Sunday
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:10 pm 

It was the worst of times, it was the safest of times. Never have I seen the pool be so safe. Which means of course Taz had a good day. The number of games was few, with the delays being of the length of 2 Fishes, a Tbone, times 2.

There are only a few things that will be entered into the historical record today. The rest will be burned, and the ashes burned, and the ashes of the ashes burned, with the molecules scattered across the 7 seas. Safety probably means there's no need to call the men in black to erase memories, but those who can remember are sworn to silence on what occurred today outside of the following topics, in chronological order:

At last, the long discussed out lines were put in place. It's been tried a couple of half ass times before, but this time, lines worked! Full credit to the Walrus on this. Photos have been posted to the chat list and FB messenger.

Arguments on in or out dropped to ZERO! This being a contentious league, of course someone talked about the line moving. OK, in order to say the line caught a wave, you will need expert status--degrees in fluid dynamics and physics, and you will need to submit a paper, along with appropriate citations, and your CV, in triplicate, to the league office within 30 days of the perceived line issue. Failure to do so will be considered an inadequate/untimely complaint.

Speaking of Walruses, he pulled a flipper! This is why boobery is discouraged. We've potentially lost a dominant player on a throwaway day. I strained a stomach muscle, but I'm a just a little twingy. Walrus looks much worse.

But before we kiss today goodbye, it was not entirely a throwaway day. Because Laura decided to play! And put one over the net that caused me to flail and fail, and... not sure if this has happened before. LAURA GOT A DYNASTY, ON HER FIRST DAY OF PLAYING! Congratulations. You just made the bar that much higher for first time players, who will now all be judged by your performance. So let it be written...

Our ranks were thin today. Getting older. Thanks for those who survived the 4 days of ball and saw it through to the end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl5WHx8QCVk

I'm along for the ride, always. Just won't get safe and sit to see it happen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW6E_TNgCsY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rll1yRe4W8

Come back Pandas! Come back game! Next week. I won't have to tell you to be safe until then. That's a given!

Death from above! Fire down below!