AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: AAR bye bye June
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:42 pm 

Relatively low turnout today. Which also means one pool, no waiting, for the most part. Only 1-2 had to sit.

So what a difference a day makes. Yesterday, won many, lost few. Today, quite the reverse.

And along those lines, I write with great shame, and great honors to the opponents for the following game:

It's 1-1, and then we lose an Alex, and gain a Joey--on the good side, with a menagerie including a Taz, a Walrus, and Orangutan Dan vs animals Grape Ape Monkey Woodcock Tbone, Marcelo, and others? Bwahahaha! Sometimes winning leads to losing. Our super team is gonna totally whoop ass!

And then, it didn't. We LOST 19-17. THAT'S WHY WE PLAY THE GAMES. So full credit to the underdogs. Well done. Caw Caw!

After the little team that cold dynastied, things were mixed up, and my losing continued. Chemistry is good. To those teams/players that had it, I salute you! For you are the players of the day.

Hitters of the day were Scott and Taz. But oddly, great power doesn't always win. Let's fit Dub in there too, for all around good play on the front line. Joey put in an amazing up down hit with about 10 degree declension with perfect accuracy. Less safe Kenny is a more effective Gambler.

The combined Dan and Shimmy shimmy is something it will take some time to get out of my mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stqG2ihMvP0

We were very close to BBG today. Except... for the concept of the phalanx needing to be strong across the board. One weak link in the shield wall and the enemy gets through.

I'm impressed with the passing out there when me and Marcelo aren't doing it, btw. Keep it up.

See you magnificent bastards for the 4th--got to get in the water:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeSwrFKFNFw

Death from above! Fire down below!