AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Weekend AAR 2 for 1
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:43 pm 

What a difference a day makes. Saturday: many new players showing interest. Like a dozen of them. I'll let you phrase that as you will. Played with them all day. Some of them have potential. Potential isn't quite enough. Wanna guess how many wins it led to? I got one as a sub in the "win it for Nate" who hit his head dynasty game. He gave up the noggin so his team could stay alive and they got that point/side out. Not recommending that, but the tenacity is admirable.

The other fun residue from Saturday was the chemical burn. One of the worst in Riata memory. Continued today. Not as bad for me, but worse for others. Who needs hair and skin, anyway? You can tell a veteran baller--they look like the Cryptkeeper!

Bright spot on Saturday was the return of Sander Joey. Quite the little big man. He can jump, and he can rip. Just remember, he's a lefty.

I also saw Dan move on Saturday. No really, I saw it. It wasn't a trick of the light.

Sunday: back to the regulars, so games much better. I was with a squad trying to dynasty, when what to my wondering eyes did appear, but Sandassador LJ, and Rafaa's ringers/sandswords. They put us away with authority in short order. I'm pleased I even got a hand on one of Rafaa's spikes in the short match. Thanks also to Mikey and Woodcock for contributing their time for LJs charity dynasty. For the small price of a few minutes a weekend, you too can help a turtle out...

The successive teams that opposed them did better. You've got Sanders? Waterbabies have a Walrus. Had to take on the whole front line in game 2, and held his own. I think 8 points were scored on that one by the opponents of the Superteam. Last game was even closer, maybe 11? My guess is the predictable winners were bothered a bit by the sun (worth maybe 4+ ppg, maybe more?), and figured out how to play just hard enough to come out with the W. Awesome display of firepower on the serves. It's like they're playing on a Houston Pirate's net height or something. Hard serves are difficult to deal with. Ball has an annoying penchant for going back over (Dan's palms put a back to server right on Rafaa--hilarity ensued), splashing shamefully, shanking, or popping very high in the air, in 4 ft of water where you have limited movement. I'm told our serious sanders will be returning for the next Big Thursday. Hope they do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyLKjp-xDWw

Credit goes to Ford for outstanding performances in what turned out to be more Ls than Ws today. Didn't get to play with College Boy/Jesus today, but history abhors a vacuum, so instead of Jesus & Mr. Tasty, Fordus & Mr Setty??? We had good chemistry on this day. Jesus, I am told, had 3 dynasties. But you do what you can. L and W are only letters. I looked it up. Both are in the alphabet.

We're doing a good job working people into the mix. Which can be tough, because all positions must be strong in the phalanx. But you don't play, you don't learn. Credit on this day for new Alex doing more things right than he did yesterday--one of those things being putting his shirt(in this case hat) up so he is in charge of a team and therefore gets to play.

New York returned to the game, set very well indeed. Nate had his moments as a passer today. Keep it up. Jarrod is born again hard with his hits. Grape ape was grape aping on the net and serves.

Ballchair bless the whole Panda menagerie, every one.

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject: Re: Weekend AAR 2 for 1
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:28 am 

It was fun to have 2 of the best Sanders in Tejas jump in w/ me, and get a quick Dynasty...Hopefully, the get the bug, and spread it to others...We need more athletes and good players to fall in love w/ water version...