AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:29 pm 

As predicted, will strong, body weak on start time today. But we still had plenty of players, including some new-ish ones.

I like the mixed bag in terms of teams. Kinda matches up well with my drunken master awkward fighter skill set.

Attorney Scott was excused duty today. AWOL Ford, Taz

Dynasties were hard to come by today, but eventually achieved. Fist Danasty denied, second one achieved. Our opponents then got one, then were denied one. And so it goes.

Where shall the props go today? I guess I'll start with Marcelo and Tbone bringing the ENERGY on the front row. They refused to lose. It was just that simple.

We're teaching Marcelo bad habits, but necessary ones--like when you're up on the scoreboard, stay there. Don't screw around, because leads have a habit of going away. Also "watch out your face" because "the shoulder is no longer injured" He was blasting.

Here's the mentality, Mr. Setto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eeWjiBVgCE&t=356s

Be ready to go through everything and everyone in front of you, because they would do the same, until it's time to do it again!

Navy wore his cover today(!) and get props for sailoring through:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGyPuey-1Jw

That's Argosy training for ya! Play when you can barely stand! So proud.

Mixed bag made it hard on the best hitters today. Mikey and Javi found themselves all alone and expected to do it all. Boys, if the set ain't pretty... big man looking shitty! Javi went three straight rotations facing yours truly where not a single ball came his way--Ford knows this is one of my Jedi mind tricks--"Shhh" He won the 4th battle of dinks against me, so that's something...

So in mixed bag games, you have to be ready to pass first available, and best option. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but it added to the fun today. We had big leads blown, and close fought games.

Let me add some props on that front. Nate, with an off the field injury, scored 11 points on serve to take the lead in a later game. But his team still lost. Hint, don't go down 10 points.

Monkey Steve had some good moments, so we go back to a classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lT-0sqqGN0

Setting Dan is usually a good idea. His angle spikes are getting really good. Kenny Rogers can bang, and got a chance to, since several big hitters weren't in attendance today. Woodcock got a few cockstrong hits (hint, less windup, more go for it). And you didn't think I'd mention him after his naughty graffiti from yesterday.

Credit to the new and semi new guys for getting in. The bearded tattoo guy has a mean dropper serve. Indian fella from last year knows what he's doing. Just need trigger time. You hear that, new resident Dave? Don't play, don't learn, don't get better. Shame humping guaranteed.

I got to play one game with Mikey at the end of the day, with one of the new people who could be a liability. But we won. It's an old movie--wanna see it again? OK, here ya go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8yGGtVKrD8

That type of chemistry takes a while to develop. But it doesn't fade. Much. so look into it. I see Jesscelo being the future on this type of art.

See you tomorrow, Pandas!

Death from above! Fire down below!