AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: AAR 9/2
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:22 am 

Will strong, body weak. So I will pen this humble AAR before signing off to (hopefully) live to fight another day.

We're in that part of the season where ball gets good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le3xII5yKqE

And you know that that also means? You can't play well individually. You have to play well together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQQZR-Skftk&t=42s

There were plenty of great individual performances today. I think everyone had their moments. I do declare, Malachai blocked Edub! Adam blocked Ford 3 straight on one play. Sadly, last one got him in the net. Nate had some good sets. Monkey is born again hard--I suspect he's coming off his injuries and getting some movement back.

We had a new guy, who sat off the coast and watched our rock and roll, in exactly the same place Marcelo did when he first graced our presence. He didn't suck, but was given a taste of what it's like to play in the NFL. Welcome to the NFL, Rookie! Marcelo, you're the best guy to talk to him, and encourage him to give it another try. This ain't an easy league to break into, and the man had some skills.

Speaking of Marcelo, a couple of nice lefty slams today.

Taking it down a notch: Jarrod and Jess tied for worst calls ever--"Never cleared!" when the ball almost falls on your head??? Really??? Just a thought. When the whole pool is laughing, uncontrollably, you might be wrong, unless you're LJ, of course. Then it would be par for the course.

Back to working together--it often felt like half my teams were doing one thing, while the other half was doing another thing. I'm with Mikey that rhythm and unity is important. When we had it, there was dynasty. When we didn't, or lost it, bad things happen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzcpr5fE018&t=466s

The games were mainly close. Real close. Which means you need to go 80% minimum to get er done. Not once, not twice, but every time. That's where we are right now.

Server of the day--TAZ, with the return of the Moon Ball.

Turning it up a notch: hitter's paradise out there. Scott, hardest and most unstoppable (didn't always lead to Ws though). Ford, Taz, Dub, Mikey, all close seconds. Honorable mention Dan, who is moving and jumping. Which must mean this isn't Dan--slow Dan was either abducted by aliens on the way to Dallas or when Jim Back kidnapped him recently. And my goodness, did Wescott/Little Big Man have a good run hitting.

Joe is wise man, with Dallas experience in mind. He can see the future. In the future, you're gonna need to be 6'2" minimum to ride this ride. Just teach em how to pass, and then the smalls are pase' But we ain't there yet. And in the mean time, us wee tiny kingdoms are gonna fight for our right to party!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTmlYKiLBHI&t=216s

Tbone went double dynasty!

See you magnificent bastards tomorrow.

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject: Re: AAR 9/2
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:28 am 

I forgot about one thing--the amazingly effective multi armed Mikey Chief Ford I form:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRRY8UWJEUg

Hadn't been tried before. Worked well!

Death from above! Fire down below!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:04 am 

Somebody who looked exactly like Creepy was out there playing out of his mind!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:07 pm 

You’re welcome for some wins because of my absence

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:24 pm 

that I formation was dope

I was setting like a maniac out there, again. Praise BallChair.

(lip) I also have 3 separate 5 point ace runs at serve within my back to back dynasties. I hope to someday get a server of teh year vote (/lip)

Ford continues to get back to prime time levels. He was out there passing, blocking and balling all over the place.

Wescott was also killing it. Nice to see the Sheriff back in form. The Sheriff College show was selling tickets Sunday

SPACING. oh my lawd. Jess deep balled his way to at least 15 complete misplays by our backrow in three straight games. Its amazing we won the damn games. IT IS EASIER GOING FORWARD THAN BACKWARDS. The smaller players - chief and Marcello in particular were abused Sunday by the moon ball - why not just stand on the fucking wall!? Being stubborn cost your team points over and over again. At one point the moon ran up 8 straight on my back row. You motherfuckers are turning me into LJ. If you bait the server into serving in front of you - THIS IS A GOOD THING. LORD SAVE MY BLACK ASS FROM THE INSANITY

Last edited by college boy on Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:26 pm 

Nate and Ronin Steve were playing their asses off too is. Best I have seen Ronin play in some time.