AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: AAR 9/1
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:46 am 

Wow. What a great turnout today. Looks like we have many adherents to the ancient cult of watervolleyball:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyxvX1N9Tdg&t=105s

And it is good that it is so.

I got there late, but it is clear that ballers are getting their s**t together as the season comes to an end. About time : )

That damn ball just won't go down! Great rallies today. Speaking of balls, Saviors died today. It will not be missed. I pumped up Hammer Time. Its bad reputation was due to it being under inflated. Something that will never be said about LJs ego!

What I didn't see, but heard about--some players pissed off Mrs Grizzle. She will hit you, so stop it. You don't want to be the next DWayne. No poaching.

From what I saw, what to comment on today? There were early dynasties. I got on a good team and lost, then I was on the Farm Team. which scored twice as many points against the BBG victors as a supposed BBG losing squad.

That's why we play the games...

TBone announced he was hammered early in the day. That is honorable.

Adam used his head, after Ebub spiked on it. One of the best plays he had. Also had some words of wisdom from the peanut gallery: "I'd rather watch what's going to go down than get in and stink it up." Everyone chooses their own level of involvement.

That unwritten rule is called get in where you fit in.

We're getting to that time of year where one weak link in the phalanx can be fatal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRtemWv_5cc

So everybody play to the best of their ability, pass where it's easy, do the best you can. And don't let the ball fall. That's the minimum.

Because the game is getting turned up to 11 right now. So be ready.

Notables. Joey Joe Joe lefty slammer no no blocker. We talked about this. He's not a rookie, so the proper award is most improved. Vote for him. And for Ballchairs sake, set him, to his left hand. Many games today I'm calling that play out when he's on a player he can beat (most of them, but mismatch), and it didn't happen. Adapt to include new offensive players, please.

Hitters paradise out there. Mikey, Scotty, Dub, Jess all had theirs.

Dub is slamming his way into server of the year, again. I'll back up, as LJ instructed, if my back row will let me.

Also of note, LJ served for many points from server position. Not like his team had much to do with that. Or the bromide that weakest player does best from server's position, and can score many points from there if they get it in and the rest of the team plays well. That's not what I'm saying.

Wes Grizzle is learning our ways. He can hit now. That should not be forgotten.

I read the news today, oh boy. Turns out LJ is faster than me. But now we have to wait until "maybe" Monday to see how that assertion plays out.

Don't blink, you might miss it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK63eUyk-iM

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject: Re: AAR 9/1
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:40 am 

The shot off Adam's head was from my spike ... I remember because it went straight into the air on my side, and when I tried to dink it over, I hit it in the net.

Post subject: Re: AAR 9/1
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:54 am 

4&1. Served 16 of our 21 pts. Another Dynasty as usual. Hi hum. Oh, and I guess I didn’t have a bazillion assists once again...