AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:05 pm 

Day 1: 1&3 in tourney, but took 2nd place, and ran off 4 in a row to finish day 5&3 w/ highlight play of the day, decade, century being Creepy Dan's diving save where his head went under water for first time in history...Truly was amazing play captured on film...All games were close until last 3 of the day where we really demolished them...

Day 2: 0&4 in tourney...Had pt in both games vs Dallas Team 1, and got ransacked vs Dallas Team 2 both games...Then lost the next 2 games of open play where we had pt first both times including 14-9...If we were to have won every game we got to Pt 1st along w/ our Saturday come from behind game, then our record would have been 7&1 Day 1, and 4&2 Day 2...Thats the silver lining I guess way to look at it...We just couldnt close...We finished the wknd w/a mixed competitive game where one team had Edub & Taz w/ Dallas mixed crew vs Creepy, Joey, and me w/ mixed crew...Competitive game where Edub & Taz team won 21-18...Honestly, the mixed teams the challenge years are some of my favorites to get to play w/ different players that are damn good...

Overall, the wknd was a mixed success, and a great time...Lessons to be learned are mostly same: We have have have have to pass better, and also become more creative w/ positional strategies & pre play calls...

I would go into way more detail, but there is going to be plenty of video as Creepy & me had multiple cameras, and their guy Jac had multiple professional setups and a Go Pro as well...Those compilations should be epic...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:28 am 

Every year we get closer. We tell our own players it takes 5 years to develop. This is Austin/Dallas challenge 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNr0WXQ3Ho4

Time is on our side. Every year, we get stronger, they get weaker, until, Ballchair willing, judgment day comes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF0cCQCiZ-c

Death from above! Fire down below!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:00 am 

At least we've got them doing awards, and videos, and replying to trash talk on FB.

It would appear there's a sharing of cultures going on after all!

Death from above! Fire down below!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:21 am 

My name's Dan