AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:48 pm 

Express some truths, and man oh man, some Pandas get motivated...My trash talking is better than PEDs for some...

Showed up when a team of Edub, Forf, Javi, Marcelo, Jerrod, & Woodcock just got done losing to Taz, Mikey, Scotty, Tbone, Kenny, & big Wilbur...I picked up the obvious 4, but someone cant handle sports criticism which I learned many years ago, and still amazes me some, so I got Edub, Javi, Marcelo, Jerrod, and Woodcock to take on the 4 Bigs Team...You can guess the outcome Chefy...My team won...That shouldnt have happened when a PG is replacing a former MVP, but yet it did...Hmm

Then Forf's continued refusal to play on my teams caused imbalance the rest of the night although he did play like old Forf, with one big difference: better passing than ever before w/ much concentration thats for sure (youre welcome for the extra motivation again)...Mikey, Scotty, Taz, Wilbur, Ford, and Tbone went on to win 2 games not easily, but alas they did win vs different combos of Edub, Javi, Marcelo, Kenny, Woodcock, Jarrod, and me...Then the Indian kid got in the pool...His team of Mikey, Taz Forf, Wilbur, and Tbone blew a 14-4 lead to lose...Yes, 14-4...Did I mention 14-4?!?

Last game of the night was Edub, Scotty, Forf, Woodcock, Marcello, & Kenny vs Mikey, Taz, Wilbur, Jerrod, Tbone, & me (thought Javi was gonna be 6th, but the Forf issue changed that again), so more imbalance caused by the Forf...We messed up our lineup a bit leaving a tad rusty Big Will on an island between Jerrod & Tbone w/ Taz Mikey & me next to each other...The game was to 21 w/ many back & forth runs long point runs...Them up 11-3, then tied at 11s, then them up 16-11, and then at 17s my team succumbed to some bad serve receive, and the evening was over...

What stood out about this BT, and the last one was intensity...We can attribute today's intensity from most to me..Youre welcome once again...The other thing that stood out was defense...Games were long as often pts were hard to come by...

Chefy, thats an AAR...Accuracy in detail & W/L records along w/ the story Behind/Beyond the AWVP...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:04 pm 

Also, left out some notable plays/performances...Marcelo to Jerrod ended up in a good 4-5 kills tonight...TBone had some good back row digs...Taz def scored the most pts on serve...Javi came back from playing water ball on cruise ship to destroy some balls tonight...Wilbur def still hits the hardest...And there were many block parties tonight...We have to learn to cover for blocks because blocks of even our MVPs are happening a lot lot more than ever before...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:44 am 

OMG, what a concept. I've never thought about writing an AAR where I win, even when I lose. Beyond the kumbaya shit. Lipping is an underappreciated gift to the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIXUgtNC4Kc

There's a downside to all the trash, when it comes to leading troops into combat in Dallas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMENQeCbxfI

Looks like there's a really big dance afoot, that LJs taken the lead on. As a leader, if your team loses, you lose--it's on you.
There will be no blaming others this time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os8l-CggUzg&t=3s

Your call, your team, your responsibility on the W-L:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lSzhjggxjI

Death from above! Fire down below!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:59 am 

Also, start thinking about whether Team Rick or Team Negan has the proper motivation for sweet victory over an old ossified system:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOfX0xk-4mg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:09 am 

To add to LJ's rendition of today's games, I'd like to mention some notable performances. Woodcock's play was solid ... it's amazing what playing sans alcohol does for him! Drunk Kenny was able to pull out of his ass a string of good serves during that last game to 21- and that was despite a 3 min pause for him to yell at a 5 yr old girl to "get that ball" that was "right next to her!" Jarrod did a remarkable job of keeping the ball up and striking some well placed sets at crucial times. The regular bigs played awesome - Javi was in usual beast mode (especially in the 14-4 comeback Win of The Summer!), Edub cut-spiked like a Japanese sushi chef, Taz continued his run for MVP (despite some newly added L's to his record), Mikey - well, he's Mikey - so, it was another incredible performance (and I'd like to thank Mikey for dropping me a series of dime sets that were on a platter so easy to drill down, I think even Monkey couldn't have fucked them up - well, maybe). Forf found his motivation (from what - I have no idea) to hit the ball with more than a three knuckle punch, and wow - that was a strong reminder that he's still got it!! It was nice to have Will back ... and though I think that one ball Will hit off the back edge of the pool is now in orbit, he does A LOT more than just hit hard. Marcello continues to show us what a true bump set is supposed to look like. Great/fun day overall! It would've been even greater if that midget Indian would've found something else to have done this evening ... but, hey ... well ... NO BUT!! ... that was BT!!, and there's supposed to be NO SCRUBS! Will a pure BBG (no scrub day) ever happen? Missed you Chiefy!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:54 am 

Nice addendum Atty...I guess I didnt have any good plays again, setup people, get all my serves in, or play any defense...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:25 pm 

A rare Walrus post! Must've been a special day indeed...

Someone please explain what "That would've been in on Thursday" means? I can guess, but wasn't the Limestone Cowboy there to mediate that shit?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:14 pm 

Water level was up so high that all was in