AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 7/7 AAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:26 pm 

Playable day. We eventually got enough players to make it so.

Sadly, the player of the day was Chlorine. Like Father Time, that chemical never loses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zQ8KpzLPL8

Apparently, this is our future. So get used to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvtUrjfnSnA

The burn is distracting, and painful, but everyone is feeling it. Better to burn with a W than an L

I did some archaeology on the net, and it appears to be 3.6 notches lower than the marks indicating its highest point. Which leads to all sorts of interesting things...

Games were overall good today, through about the first half of the day. Good rallies, good plays, lower net does something to the game, I know not what, except for that serves, spikes, digs were resplendent.

I'll give Jess 2nd player of the day (after Chlorine) for the first half of the day. Scott and Jarrod tied for next. Jarrod was really playing strong off my sets.

But something happened maybe 2/3 of the way through the day. Slop! Don't know what was going on off the field, but things were getting messy.

Maybe it was that we were short a few players, meaning everyone was going to get to play every game. Maybe it was that we were down to 4 sometimes, which rookies like Marcelo are unfamiliar with, although young frisky Gronk seemed to love that. Maybe it was that we did a thing all day today that has never been done, that will toughen us up against our sand brethren who are coming tomorrow.

But it was sloppy. So, I will put this out there:

When it's one pool, no waiting, that's when you should play at your best, not put on your water wings and goof off.

Then again, I am known as a poopy head, and people like cheese.

Better straighten up and fly right tomorrow, because the talent level will be stepping up.

Death from above! Fire down below!