AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 7/4/18 AAR first half
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:56 pm 

Opening festivities on this glorious mid week 4th of July holiday delayed by swimming lessons, for one child. It still boggles my mind that paddling cannot occur in the shallow end of the big pool, but I digress.

My hatred of early ball was diminished today. That's what winning will do, I guess...

LJ drafted against character, and picked up Mikey, Scott, Marcelo, Jarrod, and me. That's a short 3 point guard water team. Not his usual bill of fare...

But it worked. Dynasty, but dynasty delayed. Interim goofy rain game--7 people on the other side? And my team beat them??? That goes in the AAR, but doesn't qualify for the stat books. Lost a game before the rain came again during which it became so dark the pool lights came on--in the middle of the afternoon.

When the second storm came, I gave up. I'm just too impatient to wait out storms. If I'm not playing ball near an Obstacle, I'm pacing around like a caged animal. So much better to drive home in the middle of a storm--logic, Chief, use it!

Sorry, probably a bit addled from the Jarel hit. For those who haven't seen this force of non-water nature, hits as hard as Will, but in almost every time. Is scary. More on that later...

Early standout play:

Mikey, especially vs. Jarel. That was an epic contest. Mikey, now the older player, bad back and all, went about 60-40. Will and skill, ring generalship. It was something to behold. It's a team sport, but they were 1 on 1 in the middle for like a whole game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM0bpk6pSBw

Scotty next. Blasting is what The Walrus does. And he did a lot of it. Glad I was able to put up some hittable sets today rather than questionable ones, for a change.

Jarrod is playing the best ball I've seen him play in 3 years. Well done.

Marcelo's play gets better every game he plays. I've already given up "front butt" middle position.

LJ was setting like a champ. Got some hits, too. And put in his panda time cooking and ordering pizzas for early games. That is important.

And then the rain came again, and I lost patience. Can't sit near a playable court and wait it out. I end up pacing like a caged animal, or worse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZH9ebAZouk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj3nFNIV2jY

So, I left. Glad there were players who stuck it out. You can fill in the gaps in this AAR.

On the new monster player. I had a taste of his power. It's very powerful. Great athlete. Gonna be hard to stay on the same court with him. But it's a team sport. He's a great addition to the crew. And he's just a man : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8nC-RnETd0

Happy 4th/5 LJs everyone!

Death from above! Fire down below!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:23 pm 

great games thanks for the love chief. I hate that it rained on my last day for a while here.

Hopefully we continue to get more from Rafaa, Jerel, Baker and George. I love having them there

Ya'll be good now.....and you chief well now Chief. We need you sir