AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 3rd June AAR: Sunday
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:45 pm 

I felt like death after being extra frisky Saturday. But, lying on the couch, I'm figuring if you're still breathing, you should be balling. What else ya gonna do? And I feel a certain obligation to the game. So I dragged my ass up to the Hot Gates.

What amazing turnout. And with it of course comes the inevitable administrative problems. We have way too many systems of organizing, which are sometimes in competition. Especially when there are more dry players than spots. From what I can tell, shirt tops them all. So if you're dry, and not likely to get picked up, make sure you put a shirt up. Sorry if people got left out. We do our best up there. Joe especially. Turnout means we are doing something right.

My first dynasty(!) was with the mix squad of pgs and hitters: Mikey, Jonathan, Dub, Navy, Marcelo.

There was very nearly a Sand Dynasty, but Jess and his squad put a stop to that, after being down big on the good side. Sanders are a strange breed, but seemed to be having fun. They are worthy of further study.

Which gets us to my second dynasty story of the day, and it's a truly unlikely story: the Malachainasty!

Yes, you heard it. Malachai, Monkey, me, Scull, Dub, Scott pulled it off. Ford opted out of that squad to play on the other side. Ooops. Sometimes playing the odds doesn't work: world series of AWVP. That's why we play the games. NERDS!

Random shout outs for goodness: Mikey put together some good serving runs, so did Jess, Dub, Dan, and Joe. Joe's serve especially had me nervous, and I don't like being nervous... so good job.

Woodcock started out the day cockstrong, and then the liquours drunkened him. Note to players on a busy day, monitor your intake of substances, because when you're sitting, there is much time, and little to do.

Despite limited minutes today, Nate got a block and had some good sets. Hang in there.

I got 3 blocks in on Jess on the same play, before we lost that play. But that goes down in my history books with the time I blocked Scott 3 times at old Argosy when Ford was setting him, and Ford said, "C'mon Chief, do it again." Warms an old ballers heart.

I got to hit a ton of times today. Maybe more than I should have.

Scully really stepped it up on team Malacainasty. Great sets from the front middle position.

I finally got to play a few games where I could set the MVP. He is a master blaster, who doesn't hit into the bottom of the net when I put out a low set.

Dub the Limestone Cowboy got absolutely robbed on a serve call. Excuse me, sun side players, if you can't see anything, how do you know the serve was out, especially when Dan on your side said it was in?

Tbone is just the best Chief ever. Enjoys himself both on and off the court. Rule #1, have fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL5BNgcwYhQ

And this goes to why this game is fun--you never know what's going to happen. That's why we play the games.

How much fun is enough? That's for the ballers to decide. I didn't believe Dan when he posted on the lil chat list that the last game went to 31. But I now have confirmation this was so. That's a first.

I fear I've created a monster...

See you next weekend, you crazy Pandas!

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject: Re: 3rd June AAR: Sunday
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:12 pm 

There's a key stat I forgot to mention: reason I got to hit so many times--Jess set me like 5 times on the same play. All good ones. Thanks are in order.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:36 pm 

Biggest charity I provide is letting others Dynasty when I can’t play...You’re welcome

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:03 am 

I look forward to your participation in the next Malachainasty.

Nerds and Birds dynasties are the best dynasties. Because they show you the best team on paper doesn't always win.

That's why we play the games.