AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:22 am 

Those who arrived, played ball. And played well, for the most part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAjR4_CbPpQ

And that's what it's all about. Kenny said, "it's only Thursday" but got more serious as the day progressed. I'm sure you will all instruct him that Wild Wednesday, Big Thursday, and Freaky Friday are not goofs, but instead represent opportunities for BBGs where you can really rip into it. Different vibe, but no quarter asked, or given. Woodcock brought a new guy, on a very tough day to learn. But he learned.

I won one game all day, but very much enjoyed this opportunity to play.

Analysis:

Nothing's gonna change my view of how to come out of the gates--I want a to build a big lead starting from the get, so that coming down the stretch, you can weather the run that will come from the other team. I don't care for battling back from large deficits to take the lead, because you have to play perfect ball to dig yourself out of a hole of your own creation.

When ahead, close the deal down the line. That didn't happen either.

Javi was hard to stop. Only his fingers stopped him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mySk0z3834E

Lineups are important. Get in a bad one, and bad things will happen.

I had fun (Tbone's Rule #1). I think I did my job. Worked hard. Played hard. Just didn't win.

So, when you get on a losing streak, just think on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG9tuuznL1Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmPe77m7aCs

Ballchair is always in your corner!

Death from above! Fire down below!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:17 pm 

definitely good games. i had the use of my lower spine and was getting on top of the ball, feeling like i was in mid-30s again!

loved the argossy team of me, chief, navy, scott, forf and halfscrub. we won 1 of 4, and in 2 of those games held a strong lead. runs come and go. hard to keep the pressure on.

i love BT because people are paying attention. games are fast. there is no need to coach someone on where to be. its much more my pace and everyone just plays so much better. not sure how to replicate that on the weekends. maybe starting early is teh only thing we can do to give that mood a better chance to be present

good fighting sirs

Javi and the Fingers, good band name. maybe they can play better than they serve! :twisted: :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:10 pm 

My fellow, aquatic sports stars. This enduring process that many of you have practiced for years; decades. Is not without admiration, belief or support. A person can be 1,000,000 miles away; but yet telepathically be there every time a ball is passionately struck... the main thesis remains... The world, galaxy and universe is all of our orb... what you do with it is coherently unavoidable... Holy water can save a soul... all you have to do is jump in... and control the orb... Aliens, government and/or daemonic pretenses... need not to apply... if you're gonna play play for me... and for the believe/faith in the core of all that is good... in jims name we pray... ah Jim.

:shock: :Wescott:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:13 pm 

:DancingChief:

I don't know why, I don't know how and but I like it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:18 pm 

I vividly, remember the dancing Chief... like it was yesterday... those lost moments... I cherish and miss... it was a fucking blast... bravo,touche'... expect the unexpected... I digress; FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT or as Jessie put it :axe: ; that's old school; your world is about to change...