AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Juneteenth Saturday AAR
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:33 pm 

The Obstacle is like a box of chocolates...

There are a lot of intangibles. It matters when you get there. I was 30 seconds behind Marcelo, who made the 12th man, so I had to sit first game. It's one of those unofficial rules--dry players play in the order of attendance.

When I got to get in, a rather unlikely team went dynasty: Jess, Tbone, Kyle, Adam, Marcelo, yours truly. The teams we were facing were better on paper. Kind of an unlikely dynasty squad. That's why we play the games.

Notable development: Jess finally has a setter who understands him--Marcelo! The Mild to Wild hookup. Worked very well today.

After dynasty, I sat another game because there were players who already sat 2, meaning I sat 2. Then the order of attendance turned out to be in my favor. Dub showed up. So I got Dub, Scott, Kenny Rogers, Adam, and Navy. Who were all dry. Adam had sat 2, and asked to play. If he hadn't, I would've overlooked him, because he wanders off into the nether regions of the "other pool" So dries need to be aggressive! And, especially if you've sat 2, and there are 6+ dries, you can pick from the available dries--either shirt up or step up and start forming a team. If there's more dries than spots, then remaining dries are in charge next time around, and 3 in a row than done can clear the whole pool and make many things possible.

So that's double dynasty for the unlikely dynamic duo of me and Adam! He even noticed it today--you get to play, you get to learn! See, just what I've been talking about!

Player of the day--Jess. Had a great hitting day.

So did Scott and Dub

Other notables. Happy birthday, Original Boston Bruce. He had his signature jello shots distributed in liberal fashion. Note to team--please stop accepting this hospitality before dynasty is secured--jello shots are a reward for winners, not a temptation that make winning more difficult. Kenny Rogers, I'm talking to you...

In honor of Fathers Day, Tbone and son played together. Last time I saw Baby Bone he was like 16 years old--he's grown now and did well today. Let's put him up against Baby Bruce for the generational challenge.

Kent got a great block on Mikey that I promised would go in the AAR, and so it has.

Kent brought out a 3rd attorney. I've seen worse debuts. Welcome to the NFL, attorney 3.

New York made his debut. Good to see him again.

I'm gonna give myself a little shoutout for a right handed hit against Scott. If that works, you don't want to see what I can do with my left.

Message to all--deploy thumbs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOe5ig4l9tI

Death from above! Fire down below!