AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:24 pm 

After massive absence on Sunday, I disbelieved there would be noon ball today. My mistake. By the time I showed up ~2:30 the game was afoot.

And then, quite rapidly, things became unsound...

With a few variations, the same team kept showing up on the court, and kept winning. That's not by mistake. It's a thing. Called a superteam.

For those new to the league, a super/stacked team is the one that gets put together that the rest of the players don't have the firepower to beat. It's a short term goal that eschews long term gains. But is quite common on big attendance holiday weekends such as this.

What it often leads to, is experienced players leaving because they can't do anymore and new guys yelling at eachother about who sucks more, because they've been getting slaughtered all day.

Death from above! Fire down below!

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:41 pm 

So, congrats to the super/stacked team. You played really, really well.

Scott and Jess rained down fire. Scully and Woodcock proved they are starters for sure.

But for the superteam progenitor, that wasn't enough. Win and stay in reinstituted? No.

That is not our way. Or shouldn't be.

Our way was inclusion, because that's how we all started. And then you take on the win and stay in bully boys, beat them, and recommend mixing it up so the games are fair.

How does anyone learn the way things went today? I admire your idea of fair odds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCucXQ3IASs

Honor yourselves, for the moment. It's a long season. The people I played with will remember. The new ones will probably respect that I and others fought with them, and will again. They don't learn if they don't play.

And you don't get a Marcelo if you don't let people play. I remember him. He sat on the sidelines last year because we are a tough group to infiltrate.

Just a friendly reminder: my line is "I am thankful to serve at the pleasure of the residents of the exclusive resort Riata community" Think on that, with what happened to the Pirates in mind.

Stacked team can dine on their many victories with a bag of dicks. See you on the court next weekend!

Death from above! Fire down below!