AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:13 pm 

Really quiet before today's games. Usually the phone is popping. That means a disturbance in the force...

And indeed there was. Because what to my wondering eyes did appear? But a Ford and a Slim Jim!

Ball this year is like a box of chocolates. You never quite know what you're gonna get.

Today was demonstrative of that. We had a little bit of everything. Megan and Baby Taz's crew, scrubs, and the rest of us.

Made for interesting dynamics. I showed up just a tad late, missing the first game. As did Dub. That turned out to be rather fortuitous, because that meant me and Dub got to be the drys who got in on the losing team. Which kinda made it the winning team.

And after that, the teams kinda got locked in. Not by design, but by lack of players.

I didn't even want to write this AAR, because it was a weird day. But those who showed up and did well deserve to be recognized, every time.

Dub dominance today. Nobody really around to challenge him. Second was Slim Jim. Tall, and not all that rusty. Third was Jess, who gets special recognition for playing a little overmatched all day and not losing his shit about it. Welcome to the world of professionalism and responsibility.

At the end of the day as captain I flipped the script and picked all the people I hadn't played with all day, which included Jess, Ford, Kyle, the Steves. On the good side(!) we started down 11-1 in the last(?) game to 21. Ended up losing 21-19.

Played 2 more if memory serves to 21. I admire everyone's enthusiasm, but dammit, the conditions were not conducive to what we wanted to do.

Today's big winner by far was Sun. Sun scored probably 50 points today! Maybe more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCy0tyBJKlw

Death from above! Fire down below!