AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:41 pm 

Our revels were disrupted by weather today, leading to an annoying rain delay out of a degree of caution I haven't seen often in this league. People getting older and wiser? Did not know that was possible.

Kenny Rogers sang the thunder buddies song,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9PnNW56bp0

but got scared anyway and left. He was playing good before that.

And what else to my wondering eyes should appear along with bad weather? From the prickling in my thumbs, something Lippy this way comes.

Boy, there sure was a lot of textual chocolate about how sweet the play of the Emissary would be on this day. Que a song you will never hear at Tbone's Riata:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8Q83DPZy6E

Instead, he lost an arm, again, because it does look like rain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE1cTTRj8tg&t=9s

A giant plate of crow was put forward for LJ to eat, and he dined on it liberally, to the tune of zero wins and a 15-0 loss.

CAW CAW!

On the team that accomplished this and went dynasty included today's honorable mention player--Amazing Steve, who played well, with more good amazing plays than bad. Rest of the roster was Mikey, Dub, Navy, Dan, yours truly. LJ had Javi, Scott, Jarrod, Kyle aka "Shaggy" (is there a nickname in the mix here?), Alex, and they were up 9-2 in game 1, with 6(!) service errors on our side before we got it together to pull out the W in this drafted game. Went downhill for our esteemed opponents after that.

Feel free to chime in on your own most favorite Zip the Lip moment from today. There are many to choose from. I personally enjoyed spiking on him from a perfect set from Edub. Thanks buddy. Maybe we will see LJ again before the playoffs, maybe not. I'm sure we will hear from him again whether he is seen or not.

Welcome back to the pool Nate. Welcome to the NFL rookie new guy. Remember, practice makes perfect, so get in your trigger time and stay focused. Anticipation, and body rhythm are very important. I often play without seeing (my vision is bad anyway, and had to play today after being struck blind by Kaitlyn dancing). That means years and years and years of repetition. It takes about 5 years of constant play to develop into a full fledged Panda.

Lil TJ managed to arrive for the last game, and saved our bacon. We were down a player and down 4-2 before he went on a serving run. Bacon tastes good, as do wins.

On this day I either lost one game, or none. Is this what winning looks/tastes like? Me likey.

Here's what winning sounded like after the first 10 minutes of rapid fire Lipping:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4

Can you smell what the Chef's team is cooking? Our roar was long and softly loud:

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Death from above! Fire down below!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:58 am 

found a picture on social media of that sunday cloud thingee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:22 pm 

My name's Dan