AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:01 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSnLU9nyFSA

I was hoping for a better end to this year's apotheosis

Good games were played, early. There will be game film.

Notables: "Set Dan" was ignored last weekend, and well nigh impossible due to Drange issues yesterday.

What a difference a day makes. Dan got to be a 50 carry halfback in at least one game. Dantastic Danoffense. I think he had 5 hits on one play.

Sailor serves were devastating on this day, and I facilitated one back row Sailor spike which sunk about half the enemy fleet.

Jess (finally) figured out that lining up to my left can get you good blasts, of which he had many this weekend (or he was allowed to play the position, as there was no Forf, Dub, and I played zero games with Mikey). I more or less did my job as "front butt" as the man in the middle, and learned some things about how to pass tight on the net--awkward, to be sure--usually fall down pop ups, but an old dog is trying to learn new tricks.

Enough about old dogs. Let's talk about the new ones.

Now let's talk about "new" Dogs. Joe Ball has stepped up his game--if Taz says your serves are dangerous, they are! Props. He's a starter now.

I'm also giving props to Alex for the first half of today--he exhibited skills in bumping and setting I hadn't seen before, and he got more kills than usual. What threw him off later in the day is the Wild Boys. Well, he wouldn't be the first. I've been confused more than I've been a fan. Wild is as Wild does. Sometimes Wild Teams win, as we did several times. Is that because of, or in spite of, Wild Play? Hard to say. More on Wildness later...

Let's move to Player of the Day. It's been a while since one has been designated in an AAR, and this pick will be controversial: POD is... Malachi!

He exceeded expectations, and did things I hadn't seen from him before, including at least 3 "Malakills!" from a non spiker.

And, given the later events of the day, these are nicknames, people! Not a fan of having to act it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgphD_ZO_jI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyLdtG7KZvw

I await the League decision for what should happen on this bullshit.

Death from above! Fire down below!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:26 pm 

I hereby declare that T2 is suspended from the AWVP. :butthead:

The season is most likely over now however. :ohwell:

My name's Dan