AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:35 pm 

I was a little worried when I showed up 30 min late for the 2pm start time and we didn't have a quorum, but it formed

We're back to some of our sloppy habits in terms of Marquis of Queensbury Dallas standards, but whatever. Last I checked we were not in Dallas today. We got net and really obvious lifts covered. For the rest, I'd rather have the ball in the air then not because someone can't make a play that would be clean in sand/indoor ball. Are up to your waist in sand or hardwood? Do you think this is air you're breathing now?

Water is a different Matrix. And I hope that we explain the differences to Darth Nowell and the Dallas crew if they ever deicide to grace the Hot Gates with their presence. It will make sense to them when they have to adapt to a bigger pool with a higher net. Trust me!

Many good games and performances happened today. Dan/23 has many of them on film. We did such a good job making ball in 4 ft of water look easy, that a couple of lil girls and their gothtard friends thought they could do it. They couldn't.

Lil TJ put together the first dynasty team today. I was also on one.

Sultans of Swat today included the usual suspects: Scotty (very big for about 2/3 of the day), Mikey, Ford, Dan/23, Taz, TBone, an occasional Woodcock, and special guest appearance by Navy.

The Sailor was also practicing that deadly stick it down the middle to the back wall serve while others were enjoying country music social hour. At Argosy, it was called, hit the 4, win a prize.

We had our first play off the pole today of this season, to the detriment of Dan.

So here we go, end of the day, last game to 21. And then, something happened. Something shameful and dishonorable. Something that hasn't happened in 25 years--a forfeit!

AWVP DOES NOT FORFEIT!

No! Just NO.

I've been very tempted to just take my balls and go home when games get shitty. See my comments from last week. But I don't. Wanna know why? Because it's a TEAM sport. So if you agree to play, you agree to play the whole game, no matter what happens.

I can understand "not feeling it," we've all been there. When I'm not, I'll tell my team to take it in another direction. But to just decide you're going to throw a game, last game to 21, that is tied 12-12 because you're done?

Well, that decision needs to me made before the game starts. If you're not going to play the whole game, don't play at all.

Sad. Just sad. Because Ford was hitting some of the hardest shots I've ever seen. How can someone really be that done when someone else on their team is doing so well?

I just don't get it.

This is the second week of late day bad behavior from and a long term but wild player. This type of behavior makes me think quite a bit whether or not I want to play on his team again this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c2etjMl3WM

Death from above! Fire down below!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:41 am 

My name's Dan