AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:40 pm 

Not much I can say about this day, except for due to what appeared to be a 1 car traffic accident that shut down the highway, I struggled for 2 hours to get to ball. No doubt the Lip would say it's just another example of showing up late. I call it dedication.

And clouds chase away crowds. We had a good turnout, though not a sander to be seen. I guess the sand assimilation of this league will have to wait yet another year...

Special guest appearance by Jonathan, who has not been seen this year and arrived sporting new tats, physique, and skills. Welcome back. Try not to get blocked by lil TJ twice in your next appearance.

I'm told Army Jim was on a dynasty team? That's notable. Although it's always been the case that smalls who serve well can score from that position on a good squad. Ask TJ, or me, for that matter.

It's called mouse in the house. Like when I blocked Ford again(!) from bad side right front. That's a different kind of "shhh" than Forf team not recognizing the mismatch!

I thought I did my job and contributed, despite being out of synch a bit due to late arrival. Late in the day, everyone wanted the ball, and it's hard to meet all those demands in terms of distribution. I found myself getting run into, run over, or cut off by one particular battleship. I've always kind of been a position player, so it confuses me when people end up where I am, or where they're not supposed to be. Don't matter one way or another if the play gets made, it just confuses me.

Kind of sad that team photo was eschewed this year. Team photos are lame? I assume the NFL still does them every year. It's not like anyone was demanding a music video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxkKlzInR4Y

Death from above! Fire down below!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:43 pm 

Que AWVP auto tunes--"Hello, my name is Dan"...

Death from above! Fire down below!