AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 8/28 One Chief one Riot?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:11 pm 

Gosh, I wish. More like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq-7P4EtKbw

Under such conditions, I suppose things went as well as could be expected. It makes me long to go further up the river to find Kurtz, but that's me! So I guess I have to be happy at the bridge.

This is how I deal with it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3Fbdca6PBI

You people long ago learned how to tune me out, so let's fill each other full of holes and disappear!

Shameful. All I can hope for is that late in the day a team that is not us on a day like today comes in and slaughters. It's the only way you will ever learn.

Death from above! Fire down below!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:00 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:01 pm 

Chief wrote:
Shameful. All I can hope for is that late in the day a team that is not us on a day like today comes in and slaughters. It's the only way you will ever learn.

What was shameful? Did I miss something? :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:54 am 

You did, actually.

Photographic evidence is a start (game film better), but is not conclusive without reportage.

Let's start with wasn't captured here. What I see is aspects of 3 of the better games:

One photo I can identify of the Nerds win, which is usually the biggest upset of the day;

Many pics of the mainly sand vs scrapped together water team, which water won. That would've been a big deal back in the day;

And some pics of Nick the Quick's team vs. a superior team, which comes with an *

*Nick had a shirt up, and wanted to pick the best available players to fill in his roster, wet losers or dry. Because he wanted to win. He was told he couldn't do that.

Our rules are rather vague on this. If you have a shirt up, do you have to play with all the drys and fill in where available? What if drys refuse to play with you? Can you give up your shirt to someone else and try to ride on another team?

Answer me these questions 3...

And a 4th. I don't see any pics of the shameful post jello shots end of the day games, which were simply chaotic and unmanageable. For those who disagree, try pulling that shit in Dallas.

So, to answer your question, yes, the photos missed something. Things that should not appear, and will go down the memory hole until they happen again, and again, and again, to be forgotten every time, meaning that my status as a poopy head will remain perennial.

It's called the late in the day game you shouldn't play, but do anyway, against your best judgment. Film those, so we can remember.

Nice to see that some things in the Village never change.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:34 pm 

best actions photos ever Dan. post season form there

also, Chief:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:38 pm 

:butthead:

Chief you're drunk.

There is no photo of the Nerds game because I was on the Nerds team, and photographing a game while I'm in the game is not something I have figured out.

I still don't get what the problem was.

Is Megan a rookie? She's pretty good.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:06 am 

Megan is a rookie. And she sets better than I do. Replacement Tiffany player.

But she's a shorty. So she needs help in a big pool. That help was denied when she was on Nick's team, because he wasn't allowed to have both Mikey and Ford on his and Megan's team when Nick had a shirt up. Because there were dry people waiting, and he had to pick them.

That ain't no hard and fast rule I've ever heard of. More of a suggestion. That tends to be enforced less on Super Teams, and more on others.

In terms of questioning my assessment of the day based on a miss on a photo--objection, nonresponsive.

My memory is a little hazy, but did you participate in the last games of the day? Post jello shots? What is your assessment of the level of play from what did not appear in the visual evidence?

I'll put this to the crew in general in terns of the last game(s) of which I bitch:

Did you find them to be any different than the ones that appear in the available photographic evidence? Did you find them fulfilling and worthy of your participation? Why or why not?

Do you understand or acknowledge why there might have been a bit of frustration with the way the games went at the end of the day, that is not mine alone, based on my research? Why or why not?

Do you think games at the end of the day would meet our new high fallutin Dallas standards? Why or why not?

Do you have any suggestions regarding how to correct any perceived issues put forward?

In closing, Fuck it, dude, let's play ball. By which I mean BALL. Not boobery or faggotry. There is a difference, right?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:22 pm 

I have no opinions on any of this and I don't really remember the games at the end of the day, so I'll just moon you again.

:butthead:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:28 pm 

:moon:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:49 pm 

No opinion? That's unexpected. Given the number of times I've been called a poopy head and confused with Dick Tator (who is that wonderful masked man?).

No opinion strikes me as a dodge, avoiding the issues put forth entirely, avoiding any mea culpa and pretending not to be involved. I don't think this no opinion thing will last beyond the next time I make a Chiefing decision. There are plenty of opinions about those. And Labor Day is coming up...

I suppose I should be thankful, and optimistic about the no opinion thing. It just might make my job as titular head of the AWVP autonomous collective in charge of game time Panda fulfillment and member of the executive board of non/Panda, resident, and scrub relations easier than it has been heretofore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOOTKA0aGI0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:29 am 

I must admit, Dennis the Peasant is correct. Being anointed and favored by Ballchair is the only valid way to wield supreme executive power.

Also 'member this: we've been very short on the biweekly meetings in the Pandarcho-syndicalist collective, even though opportunities for same have been presented. But these opportunities to choose your own level of involvement also represent a level of bureaucracy, which apparently Pandas have no opinion about. Or at least none they wish to share prior to decisions being made.

Then you get the leadership you have:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lSzhjggxjI