AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 8/15 AAR
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:32 am 

New rules are hard. I'm not 100% in support of all of them, but the no touchy the net thing seems to be going over well.

Dan the struggling jungle man will get it, eventually. We are all having to scramble to do new things.

Here's something Lil TJ mentioned that might be worth thinking about. So we've lowered the net in favor of serving and spking downhill? I guess we've given up on ladies playing??? Something to think about...

We had 7 shirts up at one time today. That's a lot of administration. Kudos to all for making sure the games went more or less smoothly.

Speaking of Lil TJ, he asked me to be on his team, along with Tbone, Wescott, Dan and front runner for rookie of the year Slim Jim.

We won one game against the "drys" that took like 20 minutes to get organized (not sure why, but I've got certain guesses). I'm told the teams we faced in the next 2 games were not stacked. But, given the roster we put forward, facing Mikey, Scott, Ford, Jess, Ronin, Navy, Jarrod, Scully, Kenny Rogers, and a couple of others in a couple different variations, I'm not sure this happened by accident, as is claimed.

Well, in terms of accidents happening, guess what happened? Team Lil TJ won out, and exited the pool 3-0. That's why we play the games : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UqfrH74wc0

Just because I'm skeptical of what is going on doesn't mean that I won't survive and adapt:

2 to Chief

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBHQbu5rbdQ

Change the rules all you want, boyos. I'll be there balling it up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEPTlhBmwRg

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:41 am 

chief,

first off, we have not lowered the net for downhill serving and spiking.

the net lowering + no net rule are in combo. quit talking about one without the other. the science is straightforward. without touching its much harder to get the right swings in. no net = safety and quality + 3" lower net to maintain gameplay and get others hitting. exactly what it did yesterday.

and your complaining on stacked teams is comical when you win them!

we had ONE team that won 3 games. that team was a good team, but not stacked. and second, we jumped ball TWICE to get teams realigned. so congrats on being stuck in one rotation against a stacked team and winning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:32 pm 

Mikey!

https://youtu.be/3-ZUDtaGf3I

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:15 pm 

OK. With those rosters, please pipe up that the team I played on was expected or favored to win vs. the opponents. If not, what you're telling me was either that it was dead even or my opponents were the underdogs.

I'd like to have this on the record.

Also on the record, lowering the net hasn't made serving and hitting more dominant? Apparently I'm suffering from demntia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:35 am 

you and your team were underdogs and you won. you won multiple times.

i am going to now bake you a cake for your celebration party

we all get on sub-par teams. it happens. sometimes you win them. at least try relishing that.

i understand your complaints on stacked teams. if there is anyone who speaks up about them during the actual game its usually me, or lip. speak up man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:57 pm 

I agree. And winning when you shouldn't, on paper, is always a great joy. Because it's against the odds, and there's not much the other team can say to complain.

The answer on Sunday seemed to be to tilt the playing field even further to make such upsets even less likely, or well nigh impossible.

I understand where this is going--get better players, get better play. At what cost?

I'm sensing a certain entitlement here which will cause a disturbance in the Force, the same kind which eventually brought down the Argoy. Let's talk about that before we go forward into this brave new world--ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Lip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Mg6Gfh9Co

A little history lesson--the SS lost WWII, to a bunch of dogfaced GI Joes