AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:31 am 

Well, with UT's performance tonight, I can demonstrably conclude we play watervolleyball better than they play football.

So, while it's still hot outside, you can congregate as athletic supporters to watch a bunch of 18-21 year old losers, or you can DVR the disaster and play a sport yourselves, which, of course, involves the risk if getting blown out yourself.

My teams, which were good today, were down waaay more than they should've been. I had Mikey, Dub, and Ford, on a couple occasions, for goodness sakes. Down 1-8, 1-10 in a couple of games that came back for wins.

It has been decided--Pinky, Mikey's favorite ball, is a very naughty girl. There were many complaints (although I set better with her than I have been with the lighter Dragon), and boy did she retain water. Heavy like the old Mikasas at the end of the day.

Probably contributed to a broken Taz finger. Which is very hard to do, for Taz has hands of stone.

Taz had the Go-pro on today, and I think it was actually turned on. No more of that. It made Taz go from 3 years old to 2 years old. I think he was hitting balls out just to see how it would look on the footage.

Games were surprising in that they happened, and as good as we could make them.

Riata pool is deserted now, so there isn't much else to do for spectators except to watch us!

At the beginning of the day, a group of people showed up with a ball. They asked how things worked. They wanted to play with their own crew. Tbone took the hit. Notable lines from the day on this game: Creepy: "You should be careful, we're really good."

Tried to mix it up after that, and get them back involved, but the level was a little too much for them--showtime!

Maybe we should stop calling Lee Tony Montana, so he'll stop acting like Tony Montana. Chirping is disrupting to my flow, yo.

He did have a memorable positive line: "Chief, you know what? This is fun!"

Truer words have never been spoken. And I hope that means we have another convert.

Death from above! Fire down below!