AWVP

Association of Water Volleyball Professionals
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Part Deux
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:48 pm 

At the end of the day (at least my day), there was a disturbance in the Force:

Shirted up teams with more attitude than skill. Now I try not to use the "s" word anymore, but when you lose, and are saying you should have the court, because you want to have it, you get this:

First from Dan on the court:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWuhdLVSQtY

Now by me:

Dear Scrubs--there are rules out there, like shirts, wins, losses, keeping score, playing with an actual volleyball rather than a beach ball, not letting drunk people float in and out of the game, and no children with water wings.

You seem to have gotten some of that right. But there are shirts up for a reason. And, as in most games, you must win to stay in. By our own volition, we've limited that to 3 games in a row.

But you can't just have the court because you want it. You've gotta earn it. What none of you realize is that you walked in on the watervolleyball version of the NFL today. Most of the time, things are moving so fast for you, you don't even know the game is over when it's over. Because it didn't take long.

Sorry for that. But not much. For two reasons. I will play on scrub teams when they need somebody, and do my dambdest to help them win, so that they know I will fight just as hard with them as against them. And because me and mine put a lotta effort into this game. And you don't, or I would know you by now and you'd be with us rather than against us.

While I understand that betting beat by guys that are old enough to be your daddy is not much fun, flipping us off, giving us the stink eye, and, most of all, sticking to your same team of friends that lost really really bad the last time, and expecting things to be different the next time, means you know nothing, and you're just gonna make it worse.

We were dominant, but friendly. We got anger in return. Good. I can work with that, because some of the scrubs had some skills. Split em up and mix em in, as I have done successfully for the first time this year at Riata, and there might be some learning and some good games.

But... if you say no, give me the finger, and want to bring out your same dysfunctional team every time, rather than mixing it up and trying to learn what's going on out on the court, you deserve exactly what you get!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8Ne9sRcSrM

See Creepy's old video compilation: "We are probably going to beat you in watervolleyball."

And anger and passive aggressive whining about losing makes me just want to hit you harder, because the way you exit the court, with some dignity or absolute slaughter is up to us, and our reaction to your tude.

Pretty sure Dan is with me on this one. Not only is watervolleyball not a crime, playing good watervolleyball and winning is not a crime.

Our way or the highway, scrubs. Join or die. Choice is yours.

Death from above! Fire down below!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:32 pm 

Umm Chief...That wasnt very typical be all inclusive Chiefy mantra! I liked it tho! A lot!

Apparently, we now know what will ruffle Chief's feathers...Getting the bird from a hostile female buoy!

Oh, and let it be known as a Sure Sign of the Apocalypse: Taz left early!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:57 pm 

Who flipped off chief?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:22 am 

Apologies for the confusion. Wrong chief. Tbone reported to me he was flipped off. By one of the girlies on the late arriving scrub team(s).

Which I consider to be even worse, since he is a Resident, and I have no clue if any of the angry scrubs are. Not my position to ask.

However, under the Argosy dictum of "One riot, one chief," even residents must play under the rules, rather than making their own.

Ford, this is why we have the 3 in a row and out rule, an adjunct of which is two entirely new teams play, and the bad guys (in some formation) can get in and face the "winner" (initially instated by Tbone), so that scrubs get to do what scrubs wanna do, against fellow scrubs.

It works, if they have the numbers, and are willing to keep score, etc. They're never happy that they're 1 and out. That much I can understand. Neither am I! But that's called the sadness of losing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC75aU47GRk

What really annoys me is when they demand to play, and then can't field a fucking team!

You've been sitting forever? Fine! I've sat a few myself. That should've given you plenty of time to get 6 players, rather than 1, or 2, maybe 4.

And, expressing you do not wish to play with the bully boys of the court (all of us) is likely to be met in kind: well, you appear to have less than a full team. You've got 10 minutes to get one. And by your own request, "we" will not play with you. Tick, tick tick, tick tick...

Dammit. I made it almost the whole year playing nice. But if you fuck with the best, you die like the rest.

Try your whining excuse laden shit on a competitive basketball court, or at one of the sand ball sports bars, and see where it gets you.

I used to say the same thing to Mikey's young and athletic crew before he was instructed in the Way of Ball: "So, after you're done losing here, you're going to play a soccer game, work out, run 10 miles, see 5 bands, and attend 6 keg parties? Awesome. Doesn't change the fact that you LOST here. Maybe you need to narrow your priorities."

Death from above! Fire down below!